Skip to comments.Fox News poll: During a manhunt, 69 percent of voters want a gun
Posted on 04/25/2013 10:16:20 AM PDT by neverdem
On Friday, the nation watched as the Boston area went under lockdown during a manhunt for the armed and dangerous marathon bombing suspect. If you were in that situation, would you want a gun at your side?
Most American voters say yes, according to a new Fox News poll.
Sixty-nine percent say if they were in a situation similar to Bostonians, they would want a gun in their house.
That includes a large 88-percent majority of those in gun-owner households, as well as 50 percent of those in non-gun homes...
In general, more voters think protecting the constitutional right to own a gun is a higher priority than protecting citizens from gun violence (53-42 percent). Thats mostly unchanged since January, when it was 51-40 percent...
And the NRAs favorable rating has dropped: 50 percent of voters have a positive opinion now, down from 56 percent in January. Still, it has a higher rating than either the Democratic (44 percent) or the Republican (35 percent) Party...
President Obamas job performance rating on gun control is one of his worst: 39 percent approve, while 56 percent disapprove...
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
ONLY 69% would want a gun? Safe to say the other 31% just want to curl up in the fetal position and hope it doesn’t hurt much when they’re killed by the bad guys?
But I hold no hope for very long.
I am much, much more hopeful of a cure.
My first thought as well.
What would the other 31 percent want..a sandwich?
God bless you ...please send me some....I get low on hope. ;(
What the hell is wrong with the other 31%?
And the same people who cheered martial law in Boston will also cheer as the police round up guns and gun owners. I’m sure 0bama and law enforcement have a final solution planned out for the gun owner problem.
They were raised in the public feedlot by the Democrats and are harvested regularly to maintain the Left's suicidal death grip.
The other 31% have a death wish.
Oh, well, we all know that these kinds of rule don't apply to the ruling elite,which is why they pass them.
IMHO, they never touched a gun, and they're scared of them.
Scared to the point that they'd rather be killed than have a gun?
I have heard more than one liberal say they would rather be murdered than to shoot someone. That makes no sense at all but most of what they come up with doesn’t make sense.
Those are the ones that expect the government/LEOs to be right there to help them.
Russia alerted US repeatedly about suspect, senators say According to latest news on ABC-AM in NYC, the plan was to attack Times Square.
Some sense about sensitivity It's the climate's to CO2. Go to the source if you like science.
Some noteworthy articles about politics, foreign or military affairs, IMHO, FReepmail me if you want on or off my list.
Hoplophobia (the irrational fear of weapons) is a mental illness.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.