“...Republicans could learn a great lesson from that...”
If they haven’t learned by now, when do you expect them to learn? Sometimes, it’s almost as if they WANT to lose...
posted on 04/30/2013 5:37:17 AM PDT
(The Second Amendment - By Any Means Necessary.)
If they havent learned by now, when do you expect them to learn? Sometimes, its almost as if they WANT to lose...
Given their recent behavior on which candidates are pushed (Bush*, McCain, Romney)... that's not exactly unreasonable.
* I include Bush because while he certainly wasn't all bad, he certainly put into place a LOT of the statist things that we're reaping now.
But let's assume that that's merely result of trying to find the "least objectionable" candidate; let's look at their actions [regarding platform] instead:
- Limited government -- how has the republican party voted on things that remove government limitations: Patriot Act, NDAA, War on drugs?
- Accountability -- how has the Republican party, AS A PARTY, reacted to: Benghazi, Fast & Furious, DHS/TSA terrorist-screening failures?
- Fiscal responsibility -- why was it so noteworthy when a single Republican offered an actual budget?
- Firearms -- when was the last time there was a push, by the party, to repeal GCA, NFA, or the school-zone bans?
- Limited government  -- when was the last time the party pushed to get rid of federal agencies like DOE, ATF, or FDA?
- Accountability  -- Were there any [serious] repercussions for the agents involved w/ Waco or Ruby Ridge?
- Fiscal responsibility  -- why is it that they won't bring up the fact that Social Security is basically a political slush-fund?
- Abortion -- They add "no exceptions, not even for rape or incest" to the party-plank... and push Mr. "of course I support abortion in the case of rape or incest" Romney.
So, no, it looks like they don't intend to do what they say they want either... and in that case, how can they 'win' as a political party? A political party that refuses to pursue its goals is worse than useless. -- So, I won't say they're incompetent... I'll say they're complicit.
posted on 05/04/2013 1:01:27 PM PDT
(Q: Why am I here? A: To do Justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with my God.)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson