Skip to comments.Benghazi Whistleblower: 'My Jaw Hit the Floor' as WH Blamed YouTube
Posted on 05/05/2013 8:09:32 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
In an appearance on Face the Nation this morning, Rep. Darrell Issa revealed several new pieces of information about the Obama administration's controversial description of the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, casting doubt that the White House mischaracterized its cause by mere accident.
"The talking points were right and then the talking points were wrong," Issa explained in response to a question about reporting at the Weekly Standard. The CIA and Greg Hicks, who took over as Charge d'Affairs in Libya after the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens, both knew immediately that it was an attack, not a protest.
Hicks, who did not appear on the show but whose reactions were featured based on transcripts of interviews with Issa's committee, said he was stunned by what UN Ambassador Susan Rice claimed on five different news shows on Sep. 16. When she appeared on Face the Nation, she followed an interview with the President of Libya who claimed he had "no doubt" it was a terror attack. Moments later, Amb. Rice contradicted him and claimed a spontaneous protest was more likely.
Acting Ambassador Hicks watched the Sunday shows and said he found this contradiction shocking. "The net impact of what has transpired is the spokesperson of the most powerful country in the world has basically said that the President of Libya is either a liar or doesn't know what he's talking about," he accused. Hicks added, "My jaw hit the floor as I watched this...I've never been as embarrassed in my life, in my career as on that day."
Hicks believes the stunning failure of diplomacy on the Sunday news shows explains why it took the FBI three weeks to gain access to the Benghazi site....
(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...
Where has this guy been for 8 months? there had to be pressure on these guys to keep quiet.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
He had to assure that he was protected and lawyered up, plus he had to arrange for that golden book contract
for when he went public. All of the whistle blowers will
make huge volumes of coin of the realm. (I have no problem with that as long as the truth comes out). These kind of arrangements take time.
One of the differences between Benghazi and Watergate; in Watergate, the State Dept didn't frame a citizen and have him put in jail to cover up the President's own incompetence and inaction.
That’s what I don’t get. What took them so long?
Whistleblowers should get bonuses & promotions, & those that threaten them should be fired & lose their benefits.
Thanks for the information, MestaMachine.
You can call me Mesta. LOL
My feelings, exactly. Praise the Lord. Obama is being exposed...even CBS!!!!
I’d like to know that, also.
I smell flop sweat from the regime.
Do you think this from a tech pov? Wow...if you are right.
Well, let’s look at the facts:
1. The youtube account was assigned to an Israeli, no, wait, a Coptic Christian, I mean, a guy with Palestinian ties whose face we never saw.
2. The video’s actors said that the video was NEVER INTENDED to be about Islam. Then somehow a few people were brought in to dub words over.
3. It seems that left-wing blogs all echo that it’s the work of some extremist Steve Klein and his Church of Kaweah - some extremest right-wing church. Their website looks completely different from the description Salon.com, etc.
4. The video was u/led July 1st (?). It was originally promoted as “The Innocence of Bin Laden,” so perhaps the video was REDUBBED again to make it against Mohammed?
5. Some of the crap on the tape is real out there - Like the scene “Man + X = BT” when BT is overdubbed as “Muslim Terrorist”. Well what the HELL does BT mean? “Butt Terror?”
Glad to be of help.