Skip to comments.Same-sex marriage underlines social change in Ireland
Posted on 05/09/2013 11:31:36 AM PDT by Olog-hai
A recent convention in Ireland on same-sex marriage has highlighted the depth of social change in a country that decriminalized homosexuality only 20 years ago.
The 100-strong constitutional conventionmade up of citizens (66%) and legislatorsin April found an overwhelming majority (79%) in favor of amending the constitution to allow same-sex marriage.
The gathering also was strongly in favor (81%) of changing laws to reflect different family structures and to give all family members the same rights.
A recent poll show that 75 percent of people support same-sex marriage.
(Excerpt) Read more at euobserver.com ...
Mante Teo wants to know if the Irish extend the recognition to online same sex relationships as well.
How long will the normal, well-adjusted majority allow itself to be led around by the nose by an abnormal, mentally twisted minority?
Social change like this does not just happen. It’s engineered. Marxists and fascists are experts at social engineering. Start with the children.
I wonder how much of this is a rejection of their father's Ireland just as they now order Budweiser (or Coors!) in the pubs instead of Guinness and wear baseball caps instead of their ol' da's peaked cap.
Or does Satan just have it in for Ireland?
A majority that is led around by queers and Bull Dykes is not a normal well- adjusted majority.
They are all friggin sick.
I’ll grant that the majority seems to lack critical thinking skills.
That title now belongs to Poland, and God knows how much longer even there.
The entire world is headed in the wrong direction.
Will multi-party contract “marriages” for business purposes be allowed?
Will the state now begin vetting marriages for demonstrations of “love?”
Although not Irish, I celebrate my own birth on St. Patrick’s day. Satan the snake has it in for all of mankind on every corner of the Earth. Only a return to God will drive him out and pride keeps humanity from repentance.
God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit weep for the destruction we bring upon ourselves. Have heart Christ has already paid for our sins on the cross and the enemy lies defeated. I am convinced the evil of today is allowed to test the faith of the righteous. Stay close to Jesus and all will be well.
My brother married into an Irish expat family who says the place has gone right down the crapper since they joined the EU.
So much for fleeing to Ireland
The insidious wordsmiths on the left continue to bastardize the English language.
The SSAD crowd destroyed a perfectly good word “Gay” by assigning it to their perversion which is anything but gay.
The same deviants want to destroy the term Marriage to include a perversion which is not Marriage. If SSADs are allowed to use that word then it becomes meaningless.
The same thing would happen if anyone who could operate a can opener would be called an Engineer. Engineer would be meaningless.
Or their biggest destruction of all is the word Choice which now means to kill children. Maybe they could do all the world a favor and eliminate themselves from civilization. Think of all the CO2 they could save.
Social change = the return of the sodomites, the coprophiles, and the same-sex pedophiles. More like the collapse of the civilized world.
“Allowing gay marriage”
What does that even MEAN?
That’s like “allowing dry water” or “allowing invertebrate birds”.
Engaging in this debate is accepting that gibberish is discussable. Foolishness.
Well glory be in Gomorrah.
Insert tacky limerick here.
Northern Ireland makes up about 30% of the island's total population.
As of 2007, 36% of the population define themselves as Unionist [overwhelmingly Protestant], 24% as Nationalist [predominantly Catholic] and 40% define themselves as neither....Protestants have a slight majority in Northern Ireland, according to the latest Northern Ireland Census. The make-up of the Northern Ireland Assembly reflects the appeals of the various parties within the population. Of the 108 MLAs, 55 are Unionists and 44 are Nationalists (the remaining nine are classified as "other"). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland
In the Republic of Ireland In 2006, 86.8% of the population identified themselves as Roman Catholic, 4.8% as Protestant or another Christian religion, 0.8% as Muslim, and 4.4% as having no religion making the non-religious group the second largest group after Roman Catholic... According to a Georgetown University study, the country has one of the highest rates of regular Mass attendance in the Western World. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ireland
So many changes; so little time...
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
>> Now the men of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the LORD.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.