Skip to comments.7 Liberal Fascists Who Are Fine With Using the IRS to Target Political Enemies
Posted on 05/21/2013 4:12:49 AM PDT by Kaslin
"Progressivism, liberalism, or whatever you want to call it has become an ideology of power. So long as liberals hold it, principles dont matter." -- Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. -- Ayn Rand
One of the most disturbing things about the IRS targeting Obama's political enemies for persecution is that many liberals seem to be perfectly fine with illegitimately using the power of government to hurt their political enemies. Certainly, no one in the IRS or in the upper echelons of the Obama Administration had a problem with doing exactly that since no one at the IRS was punished for targeting Tea Party groups until a big stink was raised publicly.
This is extremely disturbing because it shows a lack of respect for the Constitution, the rule of law and even for democracy itself.
When you start to conclude that it's okay for your side to ignore the law, break the rules and defeat your political enemies by any means necessary, you're veering into dangerous territory. It's dangerous because a republic can't function over the long haul when one side of the political debate is treated as above the law. Either the law applies equally to both sides of the political debate or good people will begin to feel that they have no choice other than to operate outside the law in order to get justice.
That's not a country any American should want to live in and if you do, theres a word for people like you: fascist. There have been countless liberals who applauded this sort of behavior online and in comment sections all over the Internet, but here are 7 more prominent liberal fascists who are fine with using the IRS to target their political enemies.
1) I think its entirely legitimate to look at the tea party. Here are a group of people who are admittedly racist. Who are overtly political, whove tried as best they can to harm President Obama in every way. -- NAACP President Emeritus Julian Bond
2) Lost in the latest political scandal is a simple fact: The Internal Revenue Service was acting in the public interest when it opted to train its auditing power on the Tea Party and affiliated groups. In castigating government as the root of all evil while portraying taxation as a form of tyranny, the Tea Party is no less than a mass celebration of the evasion of the basic responsibilities of American citizenship. Common sense alone tells you that people drawn to its ranks may feel extra temptation to find ways to limit what they surrender to the rogue federal bureaucrats who have supposedly seized the nation. -- Peter Goodman, Executive Business Editor, The Huffington Post
3) The IRS audits based on "red flags" that get their attention. If u carry big sign saying NO TO TAXES!! yea, u might get audited. -- Elayne Boosler
4) Democrats cant say it; Barack Obama cant say it; and the IRS certainly cant say it, so here goes: The only real sin the IRS committed in its ostensible targeting of conservatives is the sin of political incorrectnessthat is, of not pretending it needed to vet all the new groups that wanted tax-exempt status, even though it mostly just needed to vet right-wing groups.
The crime here had nothing to do with targeting conservatives. The targeting was effectively done by the conservative groups themselves, when they filed their gratuitous applications. The crime, such as it is, was twofold. First, in the course of legitimately vetting questionable applications, the IRS appears to have been more intrusive than justified, asking for information about donors whose privacy it should have respected. This is unfortunate and intolerable, but not quite a threat to democracy.
Second, the IRS was tone deaf to how its scrutiny would look to the people being scrutinized, given that they all subscribed to the same worldview, and that they were already nursing a healthy persecution complex. -- Noam Scheiber, The New Republic
5) Is it unreasonable to target an anti-tax group? This is after all a group that named itself after a tax revolt that wants to abolish the IRS. It's like when a cop gets shot, the cops kind of take that personally. -- Bill Maher
6) The IRS overtaxing The Tea Party? I never thought I'd say this to the IRS - THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR DENYING 501C-4 to any group who hates! -- Bette Midler
7) I believe that the IRS agents in this case did nothing wrong. -- MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell
Real simple thought experiment for you lib lurkers who think these seven are right. Would they still be right if it were President Bush and the IRS was targeting left wing groups? No? Then it isn’t right now either. I realize that requires you to see past your typical hypocrisy and double standards, but this is so obvious I figure there is a pretty good chance you can make that leap.
dude... “thought experiment” for liberals?
Are you sleep deprived?
Sorry, no coffee yet. I do have my own idealistic streak, I mean, I can hope and dream, right?
Excellent point. The difference is President Bush would have never allowed it
I guess but you’ll probably never move that rubber tree plant.
Wow, I don’t even know where to start.
All I can say is these hypocrite scumbags make me sick.
Conseratives and liberals don’t need to fight. It’s time for a divorce. They hate us - our beliefs - our desire to be allowed to express our thoughts in a free country, our traditions and our values...
Liberals have that right. We are so different from them... things can’t be resolved. It’s time for liberals to have the country they’ve always dreamed of having. A country where laws don’t matter - where elites rule. Conservatives are fine with that as long as we don’t have to live there. The solution is two countries. One ‘ruled’ by liberal elites. And one ruled by a free people under a written Constitution.
Liberals feel the Constitution gets in their way... and for their types - it does. The Constitution limits the power of thugs. Limits their reach and power over everyday citizens. In the “liberal US of A the Constitution can finally be replaced by the ‘most powerful liberal elite’ and that person’s friends.
Liberal USA can have open borders - every third world hellhole can empty themselves into their country. They’ll love it. They can dump all drug laws - and outlaw all guns. Every city can have the laws, rules and vision of Detroit and Chicago... no guns, top down power, extremes between the rich and poor. In short - liberal-land.
I pray liberals will work in their best interest and help split the country. They won’t have to compromise with us... Government can finally move quickly for them. Nothing’s as fast as a total dictatorship, but liberals will get close to that in no time.
So let’s start the discussion - two countries - both groups happy.
I saw that one, in fact few of the libs on MSNBC think the IRS did anything wrong. They been defending it.
Know your enemies ...
———This is extremely disturbing because ..... ———
they do not fear their own deaths that are certainly going to be the ultimate result of their power grab
These people deserve everything that is going to happen to them.
Remeber their names — come the revolution!
Just 7? There are so many to choose from. Start with Zippy. Holder. Biden. Ok, maybe not Biden; he’s just a clueless idiot. Pelosi. Jarrett. Soros. HRC. Reid. All the newsreaders in the major media. Union bosses. .....
Wonder how many elected democrats are just putting on the outrage show..
You have to look at it the way Bette Midler looks at it.
The conservative groups are full of hate. Liberal groups are full of social justice.
They don't see it as shutting down people in conservative groups, they see it as shutting down people in hate groups. They hate people in hate groups and support organizations that actively seek to silence, intimidate and ultimately eliminate them.
In her mind, you pass a law that isn't political, it's just anti-hate. And people on the left who hate people who hate will finally be able to destroy those people and there will be no more hate.
It sounds like gibberish, but it all makes since in Bette Midler's head.
The hippies have become Nixon.
Sure, but the hint of a Republican president doing the same thing and they are crying fascism!
Since the dark lord’s election he and his fellow travelers, embedded in ALL levels of government, have been given the all clear to ignore the laws which once kept government in check.
“We The People” can no longer expect our government to be constrained to the limited powers defined in the Constitution therefor we have the Rule Of Power.
When you have Rule of Power the one thing you must do is buy as much ammo as possible and it seems the Progressives have done just that.
They are poking us from so many directions that one can only conclude they are trying to provoke a response which will allow them to unleash the dogs.
War has been declared but only one side is fighting and unfortunately it is the Rule of Power side.