Skip to comments.7 Liberal Fascists Who Are Fine With Using the IRS to Target Political Enemies
Posted on 05/21/2013 4:12:49 AM PDT by Kaslin
"Progressivism, liberalism, or whatever you want to call it has become an ideology of power. So long as liberals hold it, principles dont matter." -- Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. -- Ayn Rand
One of the most disturbing things about the IRS targeting Obama's political enemies for persecution is that many liberals seem to be perfectly fine with illegitimately using the power of government to hurt their political enemies. Certainly, no one in the IRS or in the upper echelons of the Obama Administration had a problem with doing exactly that since no one at the IRS was punished for targeting Tea Party groups until a big stink was raised publicly.
This is extremely disturbing because it shows a lack of respect for the Constitution, the rule of law and even for democracy itself.
When you start to conclude that it's okay for your side to ignore the law, break the rules and defeat your political enemies by any means necessary, you're veering into dangerous territory. It's dangerous because a republic can't function over the long haul when one side of the political debate is treated as above the law. Either the law applies equally to both sides of the political debate or good people will begin to feel that they have no choice other than to operate outside the law in order to get justice.
That's not a country any American should want to live in and if you do, theres a word for people like you: fascist. There have been countless liberals who applauded this sort of behavior online and in comment sections all over the Internet, but here are 7 more prominent liberal fascists who are fine with using the IRS to target their political enemies.
1) I think its entirely legitimate to look at the tea party. Here are a group of people who are admittedly racist. Who are overtly political, whove tried as best they can to harm President Obama in every way. -- NAACP President Emeritus Julian Bond
2) Lost in the latest political scandal is a simple fact: The Internal Revenue Service was acting in the public interest when it opted to train its auditing power on the Tea Party and affiliated groups. In castigating government as the root of all evil while portraying taxation as a form of tyranny, the Tea Party is no less than a mass celebration of the evasion of the basic responsibilities of American citizenship. Common sense alone tells you that people drawn to its ranks may feel extra temptation to find ways to limit what they surrender to the rogue federal bureaucrats who have supposedly seized the nation. -- Peter Goodman, Executive Business Editor, The Huffington Post
3) The IRS audits based on "red flags" that get their attention. If u carry big sign saying NO TO TAXES!! yea, u might get audited. -- Elayne Boosler
4) Democrats cant say it; Barack Obama cant say it; and the IRS certainly cant say it, so here goes: The only real sin the IRS committed in its ostensible targeting of conservatives is the sin of political incorrectnessthat is, of not pretending it needed to vet all the new groups that wanted tax-exempt status, even though it mostly just needed to vet right-wing groups.
The crime here had nothing to do with targeting conservatives. The targeting was effectively done by the conservative groups themselves, when they filed their gratuitous applications. The crime, such as it is, was twofold. First, in the course of legitimately vetting questionable applications, the IRS appears to have been more intrusive than justified, asking for information about donors whose privacy it should have respected. This is unfortunate and intolerable, but not quite a threat to democracy.
Second, the IRS was tone deaf to how its scrutiny would look to the people being scrutinized, given that they all subscribed to the same worldview, and that they were already nursing a healthy persecution complex. -- Noam Scheiber, The New Republic
5) Is it unreasonable to target an anti-tax group? This is after all a group that named itself after a tax revolt that wants to abolish the IRS. It's like when a cop gets shot, the cops kind of take that personally. -- Bill Maher
6) The IRS overtaxing The Tea Party? I never thought I'd say this to the IRS - THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR DENYING 501C-4 to any group who hates! -- Bette Midler
7) I believe that the IRS agents in this case did nothing wrong. -- MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell
IOW, The Usual Suspects.
You mean what percentage of elected democrats spouting outrage at the IRS are just pretending to be outraged to score political points? That’s easy. 100%.
Obama used his IRS to rig the election. The IRS prevented many tea party groups from getting started .Obamas IRS stole the election of 2012. the IRS stole the senate for democrats/socialists and there were many more socialists/democrats that got elected to the House than if the tea party would have been allowed to get out the vote for conservative Rs
Abolish the IRS forever
Millenials and leftists, in order to keep the inherent hypocrisy of their ideology from driving them crazy,
have become “comfortable with contradiction”. And, if you try to explain the inherent insanity of denying the law of non-contradiction, you’ll get “Whuht evaar” as an “answer”.
Yes, it is OK for the left to use government power to oppress their political enemies, and no, it isn’t OK for conservatives to do it. Got it?
Hardly. Liberalism - no, let’s just call it communism - can’t be “happy” when anyone, anywhere, is living free of their control.
I’m old enough to remember when people went to jail during the Viet Nam War for refusing to pay the taxes that went to fund it. Those folks were called heroes.
The South Carolina attorney general announced today that he’s asking for testimony from groups harassed by the IRS.
This is the first step before presenting evidence to a state grand jury and issuing indictments.
Keep your eye on SC. This story will likely heat up real fast.
Our turn is coming. I just hope we can find a conservative who is as ruthless as the Democrats are, and willing to use every weapon against them he can find.
Spot on, dead. Good analysis.
There’s not a person on that list we should give a rats arse about.
Libs only know hypocrisy. They’d crap a bunny if a republican president did this, although, they’d need the MSM to whip them up into a frenzy first.
Libs are evil. Don’t expect them to be reasonable just expect them to be hypocrites.
They would deny the legitimacy of your thought experiment because liberals LOVE taxes & their left-wing groups are all working to have gov’t take MORE taxes, especially from those nasty billionaires.
We know now that the fight was never against “the Man”, it was a fight TO BE “the Man”. I hate hippes.
Yes, but this way they’d be forced to turn their hatred and need for control on each other... because we’d be ‘outta there’...