Skip to comments.LIVE THREAD: WH Press Briefing – May 22, 2013 (1:00 ish pm EDT)
Posted on 05/22/2013 9:02:33 AM PDT by don-o
Over / under
Appropriate / inappropriate: 30
Any reference to investigations: 50
Ask somebody else: 25
Mistakes were made 200:1
Carney is confronted on his bald faced lies about WH role in sanitizing Benghazi talking points: 5:1
Benghazi Emails Directly Contradict White House Claims
BTT. I got a fiver on 1:45.
I hope the Press Corpse confronts Jay Bob about his bald faced lie regarding WH involvement in scrubbing the Benghazi talking points.
Blame someone else- 1:1
they should charge the media a cover charge.. this is some of the best slapstick comedy on display around the globe these days.
Someone suggested a laugh track yesterday. Something along the lines of Science Mystery Theatre would be cool.
Can't even bet that one. It would bankrupt the house.
Carney shows up on time 100:1
15-30 minutes late -15:1
30-45 minutes 1:1
I was wondering when the Whirling Dervish would show.
Poor Carney is gonna sprout some grey hairs soon in his red top mane. Looks like his predecessor Gibbs got out before the SHTF.
These White House scandals are not going away any time soon. Ill tell you how bad its looking for President Obama: People in Kenya are now saying hes 100 percent American. ~ Jay Leno
Yesterday, the Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, charged that theres a culture of intimidation throughout the Obama administration. Really, anyone intimidated by Barack Obama? He cant even keep Joe Biden in line. ~ Jay Leno
So they spent the last five years claiming President Obama was weak and ineffective. Suddenly hes Tony Soprano. ~ Jay Leno
President Obama is in a lot of hot water lately. Despite the scandals, 53 percent of Americans say they approve of the job he’s doing. The other 47 percent are being audited. ~ Conan
A new report just came out. It says someone close to the president knew about the IRS scandal and kept his mouth shut. In other words, we can rule out Joe Biden. ~ Conan
President Obama’s had a rough couple of weeks with the big Benghazi scandal, the IRS scandal, and the phone tapping scandal. And now he has to replace all four “American Idol” judges. ~ David Letterman
During a fundraiser yesterday, President Obama said there is a shortage of common sense right now in Washington. At which point the people who paid $5,000 a plate for their dinner applauded in agreement.~ Jimmy Fallon
This week will mark the 37th time House Republicans have tried to repeal Obamacare. If Republicans really wanted to do away with Obamacare they should just endorse it as a conservative non-profit and let the IRS take it down. ~ Jay Leno
President Obama announced the appointment of a new acting commissioner of the IRS the other guy was fired. See, they’re called “acting commissioner” because you have to act like the scandal doesn’t involve the White House. ~ Jay Leno
A lot of critics are now comparing President Obama to President Nixon. The good news for Obama? At least he’s no longer being compared to President Carter. ~ Jay Leno
It has not been a good week for President Obama. You’ve got Benghazi, the IRS scandal, this AP records scandal, and, worst of all, his Chicago Bulls got eliminated by the Miami Heat. Do you know what that means? LeBron James is going to get audited by the IRS. ~ Jay Leno
Today the White House released 99 pages of emails on trouble in Benghazi and one shirtless tweet from Anthony Weiner. ~ David Letterman
I was outside today for a little bit. I was sweating like President Obama at a press conference. ~ David Letterman
That last joke has been seized by the Department of Justice. ~ David Letterman
The IRS has a new boss after it came out they unfairly targeted tea party groups. The president says the new IRS chief is not only good with numbers, but he has more integrity than the last guy. It’s Bernie Madoff.~ Craig Ferguson
I abused Amendments 1-4 (and the 16th, and...) so I plead the Fifth.
Is it just me, or does he look not old enough to be out of high school yet?
10 minutes late
When he presses his lips together tightly, that means he doesn’t want to speak, he wants out of there.