Skip to comments.The 97th running of the Indianapolis 500 -- LIVE -- May 26th, 2013
Posted on 05/26/2013 8:58:55 AM PDT by NormsRevenge
God Bless our troops.. leadership at the top or not.
Getting ready to roll, the ceremonies are almost done.. Let's Boogie!!
(Excerpt) Read more at indianapolismotorspeedway.com ...
As it gets closer to the Speedway you can zoom in
“DRIVERS, to your cars!”
Busy day for me.
Indy 500, Tiger Baseball, Coca Cola 600.
1100 miles, God only knows how many beers, hot dogs and beers.. american dream sequence .. commence
97th running? You’d think that someone would have won it by now. :)
Woo-Hoo! Top 500!
29 men, 4 women in the race today.
No Danica. (She’s in Charlotte for the Coca Cola 600.)
Indianapolis 500 Motor Speedway Starting Lineup and Grid (by IMS)
- Ed Carpenter (20 car): Warmup: 227.039, 4-lap average: 228.762
- Carlos Munoz (26 car): Warmup: 224.537, 4-lap average: 228.342 (*, **)
- Marco Andretti (25 car): Warmup: 224.263, 4-lap average: 228.261
- EJ Viso (5 car): Warmup: 225.185, 4-lap average: 228.150
- AJ Allmendinger (2 car): Warmup: 224.950, 4-lap average: 228.099
- Will Power (12 car): Warmup: 220.830, 4-lap average: 228.087
- Ryan Hunter-Reay (1 car): Warmup: 226.208, 4-lap average: 227.904
- Helio Castroneves (3 car): Warmup: 226.276, 4-lap average: 227.762
- James Hinchcliffe (27 car): Warmup: 221.159, 4-lap average: 227.070
- JR Hildebrand (4 car): Warmup: 226.559, 4-lap average: 227.441
- Alex Tagliani (98 car): Warmup: 225.649, 4-lap average: 227.386
- Tony Kanaan (11 car): Warmup: 225.928, 4-lap average: 226.949
- Oriol Servia (22 car): Warmup: 220.983, 4-lap average: 226.81
- Justin Wilson (19 car): Warmup: 224.595, 4-lap average: 226.37
- Sebastien Bourdais (7 car): Warmup: 222.897, 4-lap average: 226.196
- Scott Dixon (9 car): Warmup: 224.459, 4-lap average: 226.158
- Dario Franchitti (10 car): Warmup: 223.882, 4-lap average: 226.069
- Takuma Sato (14 car): Warmup: 220.507, 4-lap average: 225.892
- Charlie Kimball (83 car): Warmup: 224.483, 4-lap average: 225.880
- James Jakes (16 car): Warmup: 225.145, 4-lap average: 225.809
- Simon Pagenaud (77 car): Warmup: 225.048, 4-lap average: 225.674
- Townsend Bell (60 car): Warmup: 220.996, 4-lap average: 225.643
- Ryan Briscoe (8 car): Warmup: 222.841, 4-lap average: 225.265
- Simona De Silvestro (78 car): Warmup: 221.906, 4-lap average: 225.226
- Josef Newgarden (21 car): Warmup: 225.235, 4-lap average: 225.731
- Graham Rahal (15 car): Warmup: 222.493, 4-lap average: 225.007
- Sebastian Saavedra (6 car): Warmup: 223.924, 4-lap average: 224.929
- Tristan Vautier (55 car): Warmup: 223.996, 4-lap average: 224.87
- Ana Beatriz (18 car): Warmup: 223.665, 4-lap average: 224.184
- Pippa Mann (63 car): Warmup: 222.812, 4-lap average: 224.005
- Conor Daly (41 car): Warmup: 215.995, 4-lap average: 223.582
- Buddy Lazier (91 car): Warmup: 220.805, 4-lap average: 223.442
- Katherine Legge (81 car): Warmup: 220.919, 4-lap average: 223.176
Que Jim Nabors
You think the way Gomer Pyle swings he would be a falestto
lol.. yup, Tradition.. there go the balloons.. since 1947
Mary looks a little peeak-ed but she delivered.
One of the few American traditions left..
Local reports say thousands still trying to get through security.
My God man, are they spewing exhaust? oh no,, stop the engines, get the electrics out here..
When I dream about the moonlight on the Wabash ......
Woo Hoo. .... Start those engines!!!
Drivers, start yer engines!!!!
I can only imagine the restrictions getting it.
I sure hope the Dinger presents himself well.
I hope he is not overzealous, take it easy, a nice finish would do him a lot of good,, a crash, not so..
4 women in the 500 .. Katherine Legge & Pippa Mann from England, along with Simona de Silvestro and Ana Beatriz.
Anyone found a good live stream yet?
Penske kept him, but on the Indycar team. Wonder if he will make t back to NASCAR? A second row start is not bad!
I’ll be watching unless they can’t pronounce all the leading drivers names.
Tigers will be wearing cammo batting helmets today too.
Them engines soound sweeet.
not since my early 50s
some teams uniforms are getting pretty wild.. cool.
Parade lap done,, Green Flag!!
I liked the big gaps.. clean start..
Not me. I like to see the grid coming to the green....the way it used to.
crash,, hildebrand ,, scratch one car,, spun
I think you and I have had that conversation before. };^)
JR Hildebrand - crash. National Guard car
Fast forward to Sunday’s 94th Indy 500. There are nine Americans in the starting lineup of 33 cars, an all-time low. There were 11 last year. They’ve become a vanishing breed, a trend that can be traced to Brazilian Emerson Fittipaldi’s Indy victory in 1989, the first by a non-American since Hill.
Just ran across a hand written note my father received years ago thanking him for taking him fishing Mom and dad had gone north fishing at the same lodge were a group of men moose hunting. They never saw a moose but mom and dad saw them while fishing.
One of their party offered to go out with dad while mom slept in. Dad asked him what he did He replied he raced cars. To who which dad replied but what do you do for a living ?
They had a great time fishing and saw two moose.
Oh the note was simply signed Andretti
Hildebrand’s sponsor, National Guard..
shot of troops reaction in afganistan.. awwwwww
lol.. Mario ? .. wow..
NASCAR will be running tires with special “Support our troops” lettering on them.
Anybody know the fuel or tire window?
The older I get I think.. What difference does it make? ;-]
Go Go GO.. Green.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.