Skip to comments.The NO Rush Limbaugh Show With Mark Steyn,M-F,12NOONPM-3PM,EDT,WABC AM,June 4,2013
Posted on 06/04/2013 7:23:15 AM PDT by Biggirl
Call The Rush Limbaugh Show program line between 12 Noon and 3PM Eastern Time at: 1-800-282-2882
E-mail Rush: ElRushbo@eibnet.com
Fax Rush at: 212-445-3963
Write a letter to Rush and mail it to:
The Rush Limbaugh Show
1270 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Join This Ping List Now! Click Here To Join this Ping List!
(Excerpt) Read more at rushlimbaugh.com ...
PING for later.
Entertaining and informative...
Will give the award latter. Got to take care of business.
“Sinister Foreign Guest Host” LOL!
I’ll take Mark Steyn any time Rush isn’t available. He makes a great substitute host.
Mark is a COLOSSUS!
He should have his own show!
He’s got it all, and I have no doubt he could handle it,even
though, more than any other voice on Radio, he is primarily
My kind of Renaissance Man.
Apparently, Rush has retired. What’s going on?
I thought Mark said Rush will be back tomorrow, Wednesday. Not sure why Rush came back one day - after a break, then took days off, again.
Tks Biggirl for the ping... Watching IRS on tv - thought this article interesting ;
Former IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman has some explaining to do. An outcry from Shulmans former bosses, the American taxpayers, should shame him into honestly answering five simple questions about his role in the most threatening scandal engulfing the Obama administration today.
Its only fair that Shulman should answer to taxpayers. They face intense scrutiny from the IRS on their annual returns and pay a big chunk of their annual income on pain of criminal liability if they fail to comply with our insanely complex tax code that runs 73,608 pages long at last count nearly tripling in size over the last decade.
Our tax system primarily relies on Americans individual compliance. Even though the IRS employs almost 100,000 people, the combined power of our federal tax collectors could not possibly investigate each of the 174,405,682 returns (give or take) that Americans file each year.
The agencys reliance on individual compliance means fairness is a high imperative. The system depends on fairness. As a result, the IRS should never discriminate against targeted viewpoints or individuals. Nor should unelected bureaucrats or, for that matter, elected politicians use the IRS as a political weapon.
Yet thats what happened, and thats why the former IRS commissioner owes an explanation to law-abiding taxpayers.
After testifying to Congress over a year ago, in March 2012, that the IRS had not targeted conservative groups for delay, intimidation, or discriminatory treatment, Shulman later said that he learned, just weeks after he testified, that his IRS and his agents had indeed engaged in exactly the types of illegal and discriminatory practices he had disclaimed. Still, he failed to inform Congress or correct the record, even after 132 members of Congress had contacted him about it.
So here is what everyone wants to know, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) said to Shulman. Youve got 132 members of the United States Congress contacting you about this issue, 42 news stories about this issue in the time period in question, and you never checked it out. You never researched it. I mean, are you sure youre being square with us today, Mr. Shulman?
Shulman deferred to the IRS inspector general to investigate the discrimination and harassment. He deferred to Lois Lerner, head of the agencys exempt organizations division, who pled the Fifth Amendment and refused to answer questions on the grounds that she might incriminate herself in testifying to Congress.
Shulman deferred to his successor, Acting Commissioner Steven Miller, who blamed the IRS for horrible customer service and foolish mistakes. Last I checked, taxpayers are not customers of the IRS. (Tell me again what we get from the IRS in exchange for our money?) In any case, the systematic targeting of groups affiliated with a particular political persuasion cannot be written off as mere mistakes.
Here are five questions that Shulman should answer:
(1) Why did you not raise the alarm and vigorously pursue the perpetrators who were under your authority upon learning that your agencys employees had violated our citizens constitutional rights, considering that federal law requires the automatic firing of any IRS employee who assaults, harasses, or violates the civil rights of a taxpayer, lies under oath, or conceals information from Congress?
(2) In any of the 157 times that the White House cleared you to visit while the IRS targeted conservative groups, did you inform anyone in the White House that the IRS had systematically targeted for discriminatory treatment groups opposed to the administrations policies? If not, then how, during any of those 157 occasions, did you satisfy your duty as the leader of a powerful federal agency to keep the president informed of relevant and material events?
(3) Considering that a presidential election would occur in November 2012, were you aware that the IRSs targeting of conservative groups would chill their involvement and improve the election prospects of the sitting president, and do you believe that the IRS is supposed to assist a presidents re-election campaign?
(4) Did you not in fact say that you often told IRS employees that the IRS represents the face of the government to more American people than any other federal institution and that the IRSs performance can affect the way that the American people actually think about their government, and did you not have a heightened obligation to ensure that the IRS did not abuse its immense power over the lives of ordinary citizens in unconstitutional, illegal, and discriminatory ways?
(5) Is it appropriate for one political party to use the IRS to silence opponents who hold different viewpoints on vital public policy matters and, if not, why did you allow it and why did you not raise the alarm when you could have?
* * *
Five questions. Nothing terribly complex. Downright simple compared to our 73,608-page tax code. The American people deserve some answers.
Gayle Trotter - In Opinion - The Daily Caller
Steyn is great. He was on fire yesterday. I wish he could be the permanent show replacement. The others stink!
Thanks. Interesting thread here. Hopefully MS will have clips from some of the witnesses and highlight the idiocy of the Democrat ruling class(less).
Vacation condo in Syria. LOL!!!
Abolish the IRS NOW!
I just got back from another fine quasi-governmental agency, the Post Office.
I had to wait in line for a half hour while the only clerk on duty helped two customers with passports. The rest of the line was almost out the door.
They’re really cutting back. When I filled out my change of address online a few weeks ago, they charged me $1.00 for the privilege and made me sign up for offers from various advertisers in the process.
Only the government drones would charge you for you taking an action that reduced their costs! If you had not completed the change of address form, then they would have delivered your mail, had to pick it back up and then would have had to deliver it again.
Back to topic: Mark should change his first name from Butch to Richard, or Dick for short....
is this todays thread.......Tuesday ?
I think so. Date says June 4.
The thread is rather moribund, for some reason.
the tea party thread that just ended was AWESOME and long
That is udderly ridiculous!
you hearin the details of that tornado that hit El reno ?
I couldn’t watch the testimony. Heard it was good.
it was a 10
He needs to moo off this topic.
Steyn is a complete scream.
Don’t know anything about it.
what’s the news on Son One ?
2 1/2 miles wide and 7 machines recorded 402 mph winds
I’m still laughing at the Butch Metuchen school for Good Government.
Is that a record? Holy Funk!
His zingers come a mile a minute.
yes,,for girth and wind speed....the 1925 tornado stayed on the ground for 219 miles with 60 mph speed and 300 plus winds
He should have his own radio (or better, TV) show.
If he had his own TV show your BF would need a new hobby.
Holy Carp OK is getting more than their share.
Wiping the drool off the TV set?
How were those storm chasers killed? Was their vehicle overturned?
Chicken Sh_t Kristy Kreme won’t appoint a new senator? What a POS.
After driving around today, I’m not worried about cows passing gas, but women farding in their cars.
Coward. He’s up for re-election, and didn’t want to endanger his “bi-partisan,” Obama’s new BFF image.
Or maybe he’s under orders from the WH.
no...their van was sucked up to 2000 feet and dropped
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.