Skip to comments.Using Humor to Get a Little Respect for Faster Play
Posted on 06/12/2013 3:47:53 PM PDT by Kid Shelleen
--snip-- In an attempt to shake golf out of its slow-playing doldrums, those who help run golf will unveil a new campaign Wednesday celebrating Caddyshack, the raucous 1980 movie headlined by the working-class comedianRodney Dangerfield that lampooned golfs stuffy country club reputation.
More than four million golfers have given up golf in recent years, and the primary culprit, researchers say, is the tedious pace of play. Desperate for a solution, golfs leaders, on the eve of this weeks national championship, have turned to Caddyshack, resurrecting one of Dangerfields zingers in the film a
(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...
C’mon, my clothes are going out of style!
Make the holes shorter. Just because you want to go golfing doesn’t mean you want to play the whole county!
Golf has always been slow because of a few knuckleheads. People today are less patient. Either ban the knuckleheads or get rangers to direct the pace of play.
1. Starters letting their friends sneak in groups early in the day.
3. Golfers who suck AND act go through meticulous pseudo-professional pre-shot routines. You can suck at golf or you can have a pre-shot routine, but not both.
4. Golfers hitting from the blue tees when they should be hitting from the white tees.
5. Lousy golfers playing expensive balls that they can't afford to lose in the weeds which they hit into the weeds.
6. Golfers who bet on every little thing that happens on a hole.
7. Golfers who take other golfers' balls.
8. Courses with no space between fairways.
9. Inconsiderate idiots who shouldn't be on a golf course in the first place.
10. Beginners who should still be playing Par 3's.
You forgot the windmill and the big elephant trunk that keeps moving. I always take forever on those holes!
Could not have said it better! The Blue Tee idiots got annoying. Gave up playing fifteen years ago and haven’t missed it a lick!
I haven’t seen that much hacking since I went to a smoker’s convention.
The most dreaded words in golf are “it is cart path only”.
Also the most ignored. LOL.
I walk most of the time, but once got busted by the onboard GPS for deviating a few feet from the cart path. That happened a number of years ago. Just imagine what they can do now..
I can almost picture the drone sweeping in to launch its Hellfire missile.
Once they have your money, most golf courses don't care. There aren't that many lower handicap golfers out there. They could probably use technology to help speed up play but that would increase green fees in this lethargic economy..
BS. I'll bet the primary culprit is, it's hard to find money for green fees when you're laid off or otherwise out of work due to Obama's wonderful idea of how an economy should work.
I gave up golf due to the expense.
‘woofle ball courses ‘
Huh, I have never heard of a woofle ball before.
Is that where if you hit the ball into the woods, a wolf comes bounding out of the woods and rips your head off?
That might speed up play.
I'd only play if Lacey Underall was there to handle my balls.