Skip to comments.IRS Tea Party Targeting Was Directed From D.C.
Posted on 06/18/2013 4:21:12 PM PDT by raptor22
Scandal: A D.C.-based supervisor in the IRS's tax-exempt status division has indicated during interviews with congressional investigators that the targeting was deliberate and not run by rogue agents in Cincinnati.
Holly Paz, who until recently was a top deputy in the IRS division that handles applications for tax-exempt status, told congressional investigators she was personally involved in reviewing Tea Party applications for tax-exempt status as far back as 2010, reviewing as many as 30.
The involvement of Paz thickens the plot considerably and shatters the theory that two rogue agents in Cincinnati got bored in their cubicles one day and decided to target for special scrutiny Tea Party and other conservative groups.
Paz's supervisor was Lois Lerner, who headed the tax-exempt division. It was on May 22, the day after Paz was interviewed by investigators, that Lerner refused to answer questions from lawmakers at a congressional hearing, citing her Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate herself.
Was Lerner worried about what Paz had told investigators and that her testimony would contradict Paz's?
The full transcript of Paz's interview has not been released. Democrats say that's because the full transcript would reveal no vast left-wing conspiracy, with Elijah Cummings, ranking Democrat on the House Oversight Committee, proclaiming the investigation over.
But Chairman Darrell Issa says it's only just begun, with enough of the interview being released to demolish the big lie about Cincinnati without tipping off those being investigated.
By the fall of 2010, Carter Hull, an IRS legal expert also based in Washington, was working on about 40 Tea Party applications, Paz said. She added that for several months that year, Hull worked closely with Elizabeth Hofacre, one of the "rogue" agents in Cincinnati, to review the Tea Party cases.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...
Well,,,, at least we know it wasn’t two “rouge” agents! The little old ladies with pink cheeks are off the hook!
Brought to you by the Director of the Obvious.
The shame is that the honest employees who will come forward trust the Republicans to protect them. They won’t. Careers will be destroyed and fortunes lost because the Congress has no courage.
So much for Cummings’ “Republican” IRS employee who said it
came from Ohio.
Obama will do whatever is necessary to protect his front line commissars. He cannot afford truthful testimony from any of them. The only way they would talk is if they faced serious prison time.
IBD EDITORIAL PING
well we new that.
i’d say straight to 1600 Pennsyvania Avenue
Using government to attack political enemies. Now take 3 guesses as to why bam is out there defending massive data collection by NSA.
A second part of this scandal is that news organizations like Reuters are still trying to peddle the “two rogue agents in Cincinnati” bologna.
IBD EDITORIAL PING
Oh, come on - everyone in the United States who isn’t an imbecile or a congenital idiot knows it was directed by the White House.
When it comes to nasty payback, Obama’s a “hands on” kinda guy.
Sounds like some of these can be adapted to fit the agenda of our current administration
- Your life, as it has been, is over.
- Resistance if futile.
- Strength is irrelevant.
- Negotiation is irrelevant.
- Freedom is irrelevant.
- Self-determination is irrelevant.
- You must comply.
- You will be assimilated.
- A neural transceiver is required for maximum communication, we will work as one mind. (Can you say "cellphone"?)
- We are the Borg. Resistance as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
- You will become one with the Borg. You will all become one with the borg.
- Why do you resist? We only wish to raise quality of life for all species.
- I am Locutus, of Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service us.
- I am the beginning, the end, the one who is many.
- You are an imperfect being, created by an imperfect being Human. We used to be exactly like them. Flawed, weak, organic. But we evolved to include the synthetic. Now we use both to attain perfection.
- Brave words. I've heard them before, from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.
- Borg do not consider giving technology away, only assimilating it.
- When a drone is damaged beyond repair, it is discarded, but its memories continue to exist in the collective consciousness. To use a human term, the Borg are immortal.
Just substitute IRS or Democrats in place of Borg, and you have today's tyranny...
Thanks for the ping.
IBD EDITORIAL PING
Thanks for the ping!