Skip to comments.Right rips Rubio as Republican immigration votes slip away
Posted on 06/19/2013 5:35:59 PM PDT by Sub-Driver
click here to read article
If Rubio were against this amnesty bill, he would be out front saying so at every opportunity, but he's not. He's still DEFENDING it.
And he's still allowing Mark Zuckerberg's phony conservative group to use his name in their lying commercials.
I don't know why you're continuing to stick up for Marco Rubio. Notwithstanding your comments about supporting strong border enforcement, you sound as though you haven't been following this story at all, and are stuck on the early talking points.
I don't see how any Freeper can be so ill-informed about everything that's transpired in this debacle, or why anyone in this community would even think of giving Rubio a pass on this, when the evidence clearly shows that he's betrayed us all.
The only possible explanation, is that you're an establishment Republican, and not a conservative. You won't last much longer around here, if that's the case.
About the only hope for an Arizonan is to pressure their rep...but mine is a democrat, so no luck there, either! No one in DC give’s a rat’s rear about my thoughts, because they all ARE RAT’S REARS!
Rubio is a turncoat and a traitor. Promising no amnesty to tea party voters and pushing for amnesty two years later. Completely disgusting.
It’s time to call/email/fax Senators and Congressmen again over amnesty. Here’s a sample letter.
Dear Honorable US Senator ...,
Sir, I am extremely upset with this latest sham amnesty immigration bill the US Senate is currently debating.
Words cannot express my anger at the utter foolishness of this bill. Rewarding criminal behavior encourages more criminal behavior. People cannot begin their careers in America by breaking the law. Further, it hurts minimum wage American workers by causing them to compete with millions of foreign workers. by I am dismayed at those in Congress who lack the understanding of this critical issue to our nation.
I along with most other Americans are in favor of legal immigration for those who are willing to learn our language, culture, and invest the time and money required to become a U.S. citizen - but not for those who willfully break on our laws, spit on our country, demand benefits, and are not willing to go through proper channels to become an American citizen.
What is the solution? It won’t be easy because we didn’t get into this situation overnight. I believe we need to do the following immediately:
1) Secure our borders
2) Enforce existing law
3) Not allow any amnesty provisions of any kind
4) Improve our visa system
5) Prosecute and fine those businesses which knowingly employ illegal workers
6) Give law enforcement officials the necessary resources and authority to combat illegal immigration
7) Deport illegal aliens violating the law after being fingerprinted, photographed, iris scanned, charged with a felony, and their information placed in a national database.
8) Send a bill for deportation/prison costs to the embassy of the illegal immigrants national origin.
9) 2nd time and thereafter repeat offenses by illegal aliens should be sent to work prison camps for a maximum of 6 months - building the southern fence/wall.
10) Seize and liquidate all assets from illegal aliens and use the proceeds for our military and local law enforcement.
11) Must not give illegal immigrants government welfare benefits of any kind, including Social Security
12) Designate English as our national language
13) Change the 14th Amendment regarding birthright citizenship for the children of illegal immigrants
14) Mandatory proof of citizenship for voting
15) Mandatory proof of legal status for DL or ANY government issued ID or benefits card
16) Put pressure on the Mexican government and other nations to reduce illegal immigration to America.
17) Encourage only legal immigration and citizenship to for those wanting to become Americans.
These ENFORCED changes would strengthen America greatly.
Please consider voting against this terrible legislation should it come before the full House floor.
Sincerely and respectfully,
Insults? Come on it’s just a difference of opinion. We’re
on the same page, it’s just I refuse to be ruled by my
emotions on this. If in the near future Rubio goes across
the isle on any more major issues, I’ll be right there yelling
“cut of his head” with you.
Windflier? Are you a hang glider or ultra lite pilot or
something like that?
Emotions? Friend, clear evidence of Rubio's betrayal is staring you right in the face. You needn't succumb to emotionalism to see it.
Conservatives and patriots are rightly pissed at this man. The emotion you see being expressed is a byproduct of his factual attempt to sell our side on this treasonous and disastrous bill. He did so, while many conservatives still trusted him as a steward of the people's will and our shared core principles.
Anger at what Rubio has attempted, is entirely appropriate, but you won't get there unless you look at the plain facts first.