Skip to comments.IT'S OFFICIAL: Conservatives Can't Even Bear To Talk About Gay Marriage Anymore
Posted on 06/20/2013 3:54:10 PM PDT by EveningStar
Yesterday, Sen. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) became the third Republican in the Senate to endorse gay marriage.
Conservative media outlets haven't been attacking her for it. They haven't been praising her either. They've been ignoring her ...
So what's going on?
A substantial share of the staffers at these publications, especially the younger ones, are now supporters of gay marriage ...
Those who oppose gay marriage are sick to death of talking about the issue. They know they are losing the fight over public opinion and that their complaints are not going to convince anybody ...
(Excerpt) Read more at businessinsider.com ...
And what are they afraid of...4% of the population that would never vote Rep anyway? What’s this all about? Maybe they’re own perversion hidden in a closet?
As an old friend used to say, "I'm not young enough to be wise...."
And these ‘young’ people think they’re conservative. hehe
Public opinion means nothing to me. God's opinion, however, is eternally more important. Jesus tells us that those that enable sin (like Sen. Muttkowsky) are going to be judged even more harshly than those that are led to sin.
It’s what the GOP does, isn’t it?
I care more about the judgment of God than the judgment of history.
I’m more of a live and let live kind of person. So this is not a big issue for me.
In short, normal moral people have not the strength to resist.
Sure, you’re libertarian and not socially conservative. Dime a dozen back through eons of FReerepublic.
“Sure, youre libertarian and not socially conservative”
Yeah, I’m more Libertarian when it comes to domestic issues and very Conservative when it comes to national defense/foreign policy.
I don’t think we are losing the battle of public opinion. I think mainstream media is simply telling us that we are. Just think, could some guy have taken the place of your mother or some gal taken the place of your father? That’s what they are pushing and it’s a lie.
PS--It might not hurt for conservatives to point out that the majority of first marriages do not end in divorce or separation.
Well its not that they are losing in most cases they aren’t even fighting. The only reason gay marriage/homosexual norming has gained traction is because of media propaganda. Now conservative media could fill that gap but even folks like Rush Limbaugh and Levin have went mostly silent on the issue. They are cowards. Sean Hannity has been doing better of late but when you let the other side control the debate 90% of the time then what do we expect? Hell even in places where gay marriage won at the ballot box it was more because they outspent traditional marriage supporters 4 to 1 and even then traditional marriage was more competitive than Mitt Romney.
This is not an issue that we have to lose on. We have seen the profile of NOM and AFTAH rising but what we need is a true conservative news network to deal with this and other issues with out looking overtly religious. We have PhDs out there that never get invited on the TV shows to talk about this issue. We need to take the tact that has held the line on Global Warming. The science supporting gay born this way theory is just as pseudo scientific as anything coming out on climate change. What we are seeing is a lack of effort not a lack of ability to win.
The whole idea of gay ‘equality’ and gay ‘marriage’ are profoundly NOT conservative. Its the product of ‘sloppy thinking’ and anyone who accepts such premises certainly wouldn’t have any problem accepting most other left wing premises and as you see that is generally the case. Those who are most supportive of gay marriage and abortion on demand are almost always the most supportive of big government in general. If I list the most liberal GOP on gay marriage you are going to find the most liberal on abortion, the most liberal on immigration, the most liberal on guns, the most liberal on fiscal issues. Why do we think that is?
The whole gay marriage thing is just an extension of the same ‘free love 60s’ crap that has given us the wonderful gifts of high divorce rates and an explosion of single parent households which is producing children that are heading like on a malfunctioning assembly line to prison and or dependency. Its the dream of the 60s feminist. The deconstruction of the patriarchy and the family and now they are moving towards defining the very notion of a traditional family as bigoted and which entity benefits the most from this? Its the ever growing beast in DC.
Josh Barro is the scum-sucking dirtbag who got John Derbyshire turfed from National Review. He is a prime example of how ethnic quotas for white Hispanics (aka Conquistador Americans) supercharges the effects of the Peter Principle.
Oh, I agree. The problem is that people are persecuted if they even express any reservations about homos - the conversation cannot be had because of PC (free speech, anyone?). Therefore we all keep our mouths shut in public. There are still many of us that will not bow down to baal. It reminds me of the scene in the Bible where Elijah whines to God that he is the last prophet left after Jezebel had the rest killed, and God tells him that there are many more that have not bowed to baal.
And I thought young people were supposed to be smarter than us old fogies.
The next frontier: Israeli man marries donkey to protest the idiocy of gay marriage.
Acting on one’s homosexual impulses reduces ones lifespan by more than Obesity, Smoking, and being an Alcoholic COMBINED. In fact it's not even close.
Where are the mommy state liberals on this issue??? Why would Nanny Bloomberg focus on the head cold of large soda's while ignoring the black plague of homosexuality? If all powerfull government is really interested in protecting us from ourselves then liberals ought to be at the forefront of helping homosexuals to stop acting on their impulses.
Public opinion don't matter a twit if the issue is decided in the Supreme Court.
Public opinion was against Obamacare but some Bush appointee named Benedict Arnold Roberts did a backflip and turned public opinion on its ear.
At this point conservatives need to be fighting the battle of public opinion on Amnesty because if they lose on that issue a marginally two party system becomes totally a one party system.
Durbin is one of those low-tax, low-morals conservatives.
“Live and let live” is great, but are the sodomites employing that philosophy when it comes to the rest of us? Just the opposite. They are trying to force not only tolerance, but acceptance, and even approval. Ultimately they want it to be a crime to speak out against homosexuality.
If they stayed in the closet, shamed, where they belong, we wouldn’t have a problem. As it is now, I will never back down nor give in to those filthy, unnatural,disease-producing perverts.
Our brilliant young people are shacking up more and attending church less. The clever ones are accelerating the collapse of civilization.
You'd better hope those you're 'letting live' let you live.
'Cause there's no indication yet they will.
“You’d better hope those you’re ‘letting live’ let you live.
‘Cause there’s no indication yet they will.”
Well that obviously means you leave me alone, I leave you alone. You don’t do me no harm, I won’t do you no harm. I’ll treat you the way you treat me. I hope that’s a little more clear.
Sorry for the ruckus. I wasn’t disagreeing with anyone. It was just my view on it. I wasn’t aware I could get attacked for that on here. My bad.
Rich Lowry did fire Derbyshire, but I doubt that Barro forced him to do so. I think Lowry had had enough, and Derbyshire did it to himself.
Because if you do not, and instruct your children thus, and openly practice your faith accordingly, etc. I can promise you that they will not leave YOU alone.
“You must believe their lifestyle is the physical and moral equivalent of your’s then.”
No I do not. As I do not believe yours is the moral or physical equivalent of mine either. Nor would I demand it or hate you for it.
You are missing my point.
Exactly. Though libertarians will disagree, the simple fact is social liberalism and the breakdown of the natural family always results in more big-government statism, something libertarians claim to abhor.
I understand why it had to happen - the plutocrats who fund NR have business interests that would be affected by boycotts, and would have cut NR off if Derbyshire had not been fired. The rancor from that episode is probably why Barro himself eventually got the chop at NR. Nobody likes a Judas. At any rate, Lowry's loss is Taki's gain. The Taki crowd is a little cantankerous, but way more literate, based on the quality of the commentary.
This concept of “marriage” ... where did it come from? And who sets the rules?
Those who experience same-sex attraction are free to engage in sexual activity. But to call their relationship “marriage” is silliness.
I don’t feel the need to discuss the modern invention of “gay marriage” with radical “homosexual rights” advocates.
The “live and let live” perspective has been twisted beyond belief, into a “force everyone to pretend to approve of, and prohibit any disapproval, under penalty of law” by a new crop of low information, supposedly highly educated, ignorant PC controll freaks.
In the real world, people can be persuaded to tolerate others individual differences, in the spirit of respecting minority alternative lifestyles.
Also in the real world, a minority of “freak flags” does not trump the majority of “normal flags” based on how loudly some scream about their offensive to the majority “freakishness”.
I refuse to be forced to pretend to celebrate and promote that which I merely tolerate, in a “live and let live” free civil society.
My my, how quickly you run to embrace the status of 'victim'. I think that tells us more about you than anything you've said.
Another faggot writer upset that the fabulous homo lobby isn’t getting any attention. This is the kind of pouting people have come to expect from ‘Business Insider’, the Democrats’ answer to the Wall Street journal, Forbes, IBD, and other - - real - - business publications.
What a yawn.
That's what mainstream media wants everyone to think. I think they're wrong. I would love to talk about how evil and sick and perverse gay marriage is. I believe it's an abomination.
As I recall, Derb got fired for speaking openly about racist Black on white violence.
World Net Daily has an archive of several hundred racist Black on white assaults and murders that were not covered by the national press.
In contrast, EVERY white on Black assault that is even faintly racist is a front page national news story.
If 80% of Gays voted Conservative, does anyone here believe the Democrat Party would support Gay Rights?
If 80% of Hispanics voted Conservative, does anyone here believe the Democrat Party would support Amnesty?
Democrats have no character, only political ambition.
Contrast that with Conservatives.
At least 80% of Conservatives are “Friends of Israel,” even though 80% of American Jews despise us and vote against our candidates.
As for "Gay Marriage", If I call a mule a throughbred, that doesn't mean it'll win the Preakness. Whatever they want to call it, they're going to do it, and they'll deal with their Creator in the end. No outcry will change the stated opinion of their supporters, who will have their day of reckoning, too.
No Church I attend will perform ceremonies blessing such 'unions'. No politician who panders to the distortion will get my vote.
Pandering to a small fraction of the country's populace while immersed in the distorted demographics of DC does not impress the rest of us.
That's ok; for GOD is still talking about it!!
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
And then you/they die.
Should we care what MAN has to think about us; or GOD???
Then they’re NOT conservatives.
Minnesota state senator Dan Hall agrees with you.
Sodomy can shorten your life by ___ years.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.