Skip to comments.‘Lackadaisical’ U.S. Park Police lose hundreds of guns, watchdog group says
Posted on 06/28/2013 4:35:04 AM PDT by qwerty1234
Poor management and shoddy oversight have led the U.S. Park Police to lose track of hundreds of rifles, handguns and machine guns, a watchdog agency said.
We found that staff at all levels from firearms program managers to their employees had no clear idea of how many weapons they maintained due to incomplete and poorly managed inventory controls, investigators with the U.S. Interior Departments inspector generals office said, in United Press International. As a result, we discovered hundreds of handguns, rifles and shotguns not accounted for on official USPP inventory records.
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
We all know the answer. Can’t account for one gun = go to jail for gun-running.
Any old stoners in that group?
Did more of Holder’s narcoterrorists steal them??
Or were they removed directly by the DO”J” so the
US Park Police would have no protection??
I can’t even imagine not knowing where all of my firearms are. Exactly all of them.
Hint: check their personal gun cabinets.
Bet at least 75% of the missing weapons would be found there. The other 25% they sold.
Just more @#$%^&* government corruption.
"....hey genius, check the Mexican border..but bring cash"
Lost? I’d love to see a search of the PP officers homes. Also I wonder what was sold to their friends for a few hundred dollars.
>> U.S. Park Police to lose track of hundreds of rifles, handguns and machine guns
I just noticed that: MACHINE GUNS
WTF do the Park police need MACHINE GUNS for? This unconstitutional federal police force thingie is out of control!
The Dept of the Interior is fast tracking 30 year “take permits” allowing wind farm operators to kill golden and bald eagles without penalty.
A proposed wind farm in Osage County, OK., plans to kill three eagles a year for 30 years with Interior’s approval.
A good friend of mine who had an FFL for over 20 years incurred the wrath of the “Boys in Black Boots” for not checking a box on a form, and was forced to surrender his license or have it revoked. He told me he had been under more intense scrutiny in the last 5 years than ever before. Can you guess his political persuasion?
That'd be my guess, too - given the cartel marijuana-growing operations in our national parks. The police are just "being neighborly" (to prevent being decapitated).
Bad reporting. I doubt anyone at the Park Service carries a fully automatic weapon.
LOL...college roomate is US Park Police. I know where about a half dozen of those “lost” guns can probably be found......in a lakehouse on Lake Hamilton near Hot Springs National Park, AR. Residence of a US Park Police officer.
Wrong. I build Title 2 firearms with my 07/02 FFL/SOT. I have built suppressors for their select fire M4s and P90s.
For engaging multiple campers in meaningful dialogue about environmental issues.
That was exactly my thought. Machine guns what the heck for?
He should send a letter to Issa and see if this can be investigated too
I have no doubt Obama and his jackboot thugs are behind it
For reasons that escape me, as a geology major many years ago I ended up in a Park and Recreation Management class in college.
The constant whine in this class was from students who couldn’t understand why they were required to take math through trigonometry. I tried to ‘splain that they might actually have to deal with an occasional surveyor and it might be nice to know a bit about trig. The mindset of that bunch was jaw-dropping. I bailed after about 4-class sessions.
I guess someone has to supply our overlords. They won’t be able to kill us all with pointy sticks.