Plaintiff Lisa T. Jackson wanted $1.25 million dollars that didn’t belong to her, so she decided to sue Paula Deen and her brother.
Consider the evidence:
1) In her deposition, Ms. Jackson was forced to admit that she never heard Paula Deen utter a racial epithet, never knew her to discriminate against an employee based on gender, and never knew Paula Deen to sexually harass anyone.
2) Both plaintiff and defendant are white, making racial discrimination against Jackson an impossible charge to prove.
3) It has not been widely reported outside the local press that Jackson sent Deen and her brother a letter praising and thanking them both, only a few short months before filing suit. In an effusive letter she wrote:
“When I came to work for this company, as a person, I felt hopeless. I needed something, some opportunity that could provide me hope as an individual, as a woman, to make it on my own. At 15, homeless, without parents and with a young child, my life was headed in a direction no one could ever assume positive. As you know, I did what I had to do to survive, but it clearly was not the freedom or happiness I ever hoped for... When I started working for Bubba, he gave me an opportunity that allowed me, over time, a freedom I have never experienced. He allowed me, for once in my life to take care of myself and for once, have faith in myself as a person and as a woman to know that I could do it on my own; y’all were my Aunt Peggy... I have been given opportunities that I never thought possible, all because of you and Bubba.”
The person who wrote that letter now wants $1.25 million dollars? For what?
First they came for Martha Stewart, then they came for Paula Deen, next they came for...
That was my contention when I first read about the situation — using the N-word or sexual harassment — whichever will get the plaintiff some money.
I didn’t even realize at the time that the use of the N-word happened decades previous.
Perhaps, the plaintiff read Jesse Jackson’s Shakedown.
She should have gone with an immediate counterattack equating her critics with armed robbers, and putting out a call for a counter-boycott.
Being meek doesn’t work.
Paula should stand tall.
Just stop crying and begging for forgiveness from race pimps and leftist scammers and tell them to all to go pound sand up their .... noses.
She has her millions salted away.
Why degrade herself seeking approval of moochers and racists?
Had Paula Deen been black or very brown, and not a “creepy ass cracker,” none of this would have happened to her. Let that be a lesson to one and all.
” The TV star told the Washington Examiner that she and Michelle had more in common than you might expect.
- She said: ‘I did a show with Michelle and I just loved being with her.
- ‘She probably ate more than any other guest I've ever had on the show.
- ‘She kept eating even during commercials.’
- After complimenting Michelle on her slim figure, Paula taught her how to fry shrimp during a TV segment in September 2008, shortly before the presidential election.
This is the real reason Paula has been fired..
All those retailers that “fired” Paula Dean still carry the Rap recordings which contain the same word.
For me, the most disturbing thing about Paula Deen’s recent troubles was the tacit and sometimes gleeful approval of her treatment right here on this forum because of her supposed political leanings.
What the destruction of Paula Deen is really about is creating a distraction for Obamas scandals. The liberals are willing to eat their own in order to protect their dear leader.
Yep. At this point people of a certain hue can realistically expect to lose their livelihoods if they even recite a list of Richard Pryor albums, or Joseph Conrad novels, within earshot of anyone. We have gone insane.
Looks like the word nigger has became a extortion tool so now 99.95 of the people in this country can be expected to pay up?.
The same publisher, Ballantine Books, owned by Random House, just happens to be the same publisher of another QVC Channel author, David Venable, that’s right, the foodie guy himself!