Skip to comments.President plugs electricity generating soccer ball in Tanzania
Posted on 07/02/2013 2:16:18 PM PDT by smoothsailing
July 2, 2013
....thank President Obama for his contribution as well. His brief playtime today with a Soccket ball a soccer ball that converts kinetic energy into electricity didnt generate much power, but it did serve to underscore the presidents plan to invest $7 billion in energy access programs across Africa. It also produced a couple of photos of the president with a ball on his head, as well as several tweets lauding the idea...
President Obama declared the Soccket ball pretty cool, adding, You can imagine this in villages all across the country.....
As cool as the idea is, someone had to be a spoil sport. Before spending the whole $7 billion on soccer balls, hopefully President Obama will look into the dissenting view. As a piece in Foreign Policy notes, while the Soccket costs $99, you can get a solar-powered lamp for $10. It isnt clear why anyone would pay 10 times that for a light whose power source you have to kick around for half an hour to get less illumination....
(Excerpt) Read more at twitchy.com ...
now if you don’t adopt soccer you’re racist and hate Gaia.
Its president post turtle showing off peons
That’ll replace all those coal-burning power plants for sure.
I'm happy to say I wasn't drinking coffee when I saw that, or you'd owe me a keyboard....
to bad it couldn’t have been a nucular soccer ball.
Can you plug it into an air conditioner?
On the one hand, that’s pretty cool technology, and if one of those was able to harness enough energy to power my car or computer, I would totally use one.
On the other hand, that’s really, REALLY stupid.
If 99% of the people in Africa would just get into treadmills, they could generate enough electrical power to improve the standard of living for the other 1%.
And here’s a president with a pancake on its head....
How long would I have to kick it around to drive a Prius to work?
Yes but you have to keep the ball rolling on a treadmill while breathing oxygen with a sugar water IV drip to make it work....wait a minute...
If you kick the ball around for a half hour it will keep one LED bulb in your Prius lit for three hours, but you’ll still be in your driveway.
Hah! The Soccket Head twins.
As silly as both Obummer and Lurch look with those balls on their heads they’d do a lot less damage to the country if they did that 24/7 until his term is up.
So both the President and the Secy of State were caught playing with their balls. Sure beats working for a living.
Two balls between the two of them is more than I would have expected.
Look at all the suits smiling like they never saw a moron balance a ball on his head!
Must make a gay guy real happy to have everybody suck up to him.
Notice that everyone is laughing at obama the clown except the 2 security guys. Such a phony, canned applause, canned laughter, canned election, canned potus.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.