I’m not really getting how this would/will/is work/ing.
The Tea Party got Rubio in, now he is stabbing us in the back.
I too thought for a long time that the way to do this is to “take over” the GOP. But here Erickson describes the party as a dead man walking, what good does taking over a dead body do you?
Maybe we CAN’T over come the moneyed interests, etc. that seem to exert a great deal of control over the GOP.
Maybe we DO need a third party, or 4th or 5th if you count other smaller parties that are out there.
All I can say for sure if that if the Rs push this amnesty thing past the goal line, and not only do such a bad policy move, but also hand Obama some Rose Garden victory (when really all he should be thinking about is Benghazi, the IRS, Fast & Furious, NSA); I will NEVER vote republican again.
I’ve called them and I’ve told them this, and if they think they are going to get 3 or 2 or even 1 Hispanic vote in exchange for mine, well then they really are the S.T.U.P.I.D. party.
...but the Tea Party in the House will stop the Rubio madness...and besides, Charlie Crist would have been even worse....you just wouldn’t have been so disappointed.
You bought that "The place to challenge the RINOs is in the primaries. Get your guy on the ticket, and we'll support him, but you need to vote for whatever R is on the ticket." didn't you?
The Miller/Murkowski debacle should have been a wake-up call for all but the brain-dead.
Now, for a group of Free Market types that we (supposedly) are, why are politics, namely, national parties, to only place where ‘fewer is better’?
Where a field of 5+ candidates can prattle off the same talking points, where is the DEBATE? Where is the NEW paradigm thinking? IE: For all his ideas of Constitutional governance, Dr. Paul was roundly criticized as ‘kook’, if not ignored wholly. Instead we ‘American Idol’ the best looking, best talking parrot of the group.
When 5 States can whittle the field down to 1 ‘viable’ candidate, how does that benefit the Country? How does that benefit the other Citizens; why even worry to vote until the General?
What’s the fix:
- Dismantle the (rigged) Fed election apparatus (what’s the 5% B.S.)
- All donations must be anonymous (some clearing house that can still track, audit every month from general to primary), no per-head-dinners/meet-n-greets/etc. - no idea who gave what = no favors [still fleshing out]
- Allow donations per any entity that can physically cast a vote; no business, no groups. Only People.
- Elections are on same day for all States (no more selection by the minority, no ‘reporting’ until DONE)
- States election wins by majority of districts (cites don’t win State, voting fraud..good luck)
- Maybe no open primaries, still a toss up for me....If, being a (L), what if I like the XYZ party this time?
- Voting/donation fraud = lose of voting ‘right’, prison and fine (100x paid to opposition party??)