Skip to comments.
Moscow reiterates interest for Cyprus natural gas reserves
Cyprus Gas News ^
| 04 July 2013
| Cyprus Gas News
Posted on 07/05/2013 4:12:24 AM PDT by haffast
Moscow has reiterated its vivid interest for Cyprus natural gas by expressing once again its interest for the exploitation of the reserves in the islands exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
The interest was expressed during a meeting in Moscow between the Cyprus House President Yiannakis Omirou and Russian Deputy Minister of Energy Yury Sentyurin.
The meeting lasted two hours and was also attended by the members of the parliamentary party delegation which accompany Omirou, as well as by representatives of Russian natural gas companies, NOVATEK and Gazprom Bank.
Omirou arrived in Russia this morning, for a two-day official visit, heading a parliamentary delegation, at the invitation of the Chairman of the State Duma, Sergey Naryshkin.
In a statement following the meeting, Omirou described the meeting as excellent , noting that it was attended by top officials of NOVATEK and Gazprom Bank, which confirms the Russian interest on Cyprus reserves.
Recently, Houston based Noble began drilling at the A-2 appraisal well location in block 12, which will take 60 to 90 days.
In 2011 Noble announced that exploratory drilling in block 12`s A-1 well revealed an estimated resource of 5 trillion cubic feet (tcf) to 8 tcf, with a mean of 7 tcf. Noble Energy operates Block 12 with a 70 percent working interest.
Delek Drilling Limited Partnership and Avner Oil Exploration Limited Partnership each own 15 percent.
Apart from Noble Energy, Cyprus has also signed contracts with the ENI/KOGAS consortium for hydrocarbons exploration in blocks 2, 3 and 9, as well as with French TOTAL for blocks 10 and 11 in its Exclusive Economic Zone.
On June 26, Cyprus government, Delek and Avner signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) or the Cyprus LNG terminal .
(Excerpt) Read more at cyprusgasnews.com ...
TOPICS: Business/Economy; Foreign Affairs; Government; Israel; News/Current Events; Russia; War on Terror
KEYWORDS: carbontax; cng; cyprus; energy; gas; greece; israel; lng; methane; naturalgas; opec; peaceandsecurity; russia; turkey; waronterror
Russian aircraft approved to use Cyprus airport....check.
Russian navy approved to dock and refuel at Cyprus ports....check.
Gazprom interested in gas...check.
Turkish Cypriots want their share of the gas...check.
US, Israeli, EU and Aussie firms investing in gas production....check.
posted on 07/05/2013 4:12:24 AM PDT
posted on 07/05/2013 4:12:57 AM PDT
(Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all. -Abe Lincoln)
Another brilliant move by Putin. Checkmate, obama.
posted on 07/05/2013 4:20:37 AM PDT
(Limit The Government's Right To Bear Arms)
To: AdmSmith; AnonymousConservative; Berosus; bigheadfred; Bockscar; ColdOne; Convert from ECUSA; ...
- Beyond natural gas: Does Israel have oil in its future?
- Cyprus signs LNG plant MoU with Noble, Delek and Avner
- Cyprus Okays Gas Plant Deal With Noble, Delek (Israel)
- Israel pushed to spell out gas export plan
- Israel, Turkey and gas
- Gas finds in east Mediterranean may change strategic balance
- 'Turkey closer to energy agreement with Israel'
- Israel, Cyprus cooperation could impact gas market
- Prime Minister Netanyahu to meet Cypriot president (Israel)
- The Geopolitics of Israel's Offshore Gas Reserves
- Gas Starts Flowing from Israel's Levant Basin, What Now?
- Yesterday the Middle East changed forever, and you didn't know it (Israel producing natural gas)
- Cypriot President Anastasiades promises natural gas bonds to depositors
- Greece Is Not Poor - It Actually Has Massive Uptapped Reserves Of Gold, Oil And Natural Gas
- Electricity cable to link Israel, Cyprus, Greece
- Israel to export natural gas to India
- Turkey, Egypt to Drill for Natural Gas in the Mediterranean, Threatening Israel's Energy Dreams
elsewhere in the Mideast:
party-line left-wing media jackasses, et al:
posted on 07/05/2013 10:55:18 AM PDT
(McCain or Romney would have been worse, if you're a dumb ass.)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson