Skip to comments.Zimmerman's Pointless Trial
Posted on 07/10/2013 7:35:02 AM PDT by SeekAndFind
George Zimmerman will be found not guilty if his attorney connects the dots in his closing argument and the jury is fair. Then the professional race-baiters can go to work spreading disharmony. The trial concerns whether Hispanic (Peruvian) Zimmerman was acting in self-defense when he shot Martin, whom we are constantly reminded happens to be Black.
Eight simple facts make it very easy to understand the now-famous murder trial of George Zimmerman for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin unfolding in Sanford, Florida. Finding the truth doesn't require all the subjective testimony and opinion dominating the trial:
(1) It had been raining, so the grass was wet. The shooting occurred at the edge of the sidewalk on the grass.
(2) The back of George Zimmerman's clothes were wet and "flecked" with grass, a police officer who investigated at the scene testified, as if he had been lying on his back in wet grass.
(3) The knees in Trayvon Martin's jeans were stained, Medical Examiner Shiping Bao testified, as if Martin had been kneeling in the wet grass.
(4) The gun that killed Trayvon Martin was in direct contact with Martin's clothing when he was shot, according to the expert analysis and testimony of Florida Department of Law Enforcement firearm's expert Amy Siewert. She testified that the tear patterns in the cloth show a "contact shot" into the clothing.
(5) But the gun that killed Martin was at least 0.4 inches and up to 4 feet away from Martin's skin when Martin was shot, according to the expert analysis and testimony of Medical Examiner (coroner) Shiping Bao. He testified that the gunshot wound and condition of the skin show it was not a "contact shot" with respect to Martin's skin.
Therefore, Martin's clothing was not up against his body.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
Wrong.This all-female jury won't be nearly brave enough to hand down a "not guilty".
And at the end of the day, it’ll be “whitey’s” fault according to the fake reverend’s.
I’m getting really tired of people, in an attempt to seem like centrists, condemn Z’s actions while saying he is innocent.
Based on the facts of this case, the ONLY thing Z did wrong was underestimate the viciousness of Martin.
I don’t know. Women are tough as nails when it really counts. Ive been amazed at the strength of women in my family at times of crisis. That being said, I think they can be swayed by an emotional argument and if the prosecution can make the the death of a son or daughter personal, they just may fall for it. My bet, he goes free.
I agree with half that statement. Guess which half.
Only one explanation makes sense to this attorney: the prosecutors are resolving an ethical dilemma. The prosecutors know (according to this theory) that the State of Florida does not have a viable case against George Zimmerman. Yet prosecutors also knew that many people believe the shooting was racism. They knew there would be racial trauma or even riots if prosecutors just dropped the case.
the jury is gonna say that zim started the fight, therefore cannot resort to lethal force simply because he lost the fight.
that’s gonna be their excuse...
personally i think this whole thing is a farce, but poor zim is toast.
I wasn't suggesting that women are cowardly by nature.They're far from it.I can tell stories of courage shown by the females in *my* life as well.What I was trying to say was that in *this* situation,particularly in light of womens' tendency to "nurture" and "defend the young" (Saint Trayvon,in this case),the easier...*far* easier...path for them to take is "guilty".
The point of the trial is to tell “whitey” that he is not allowed to defend himself against a racist beatdown.
I wholeheartedly agree. Martin looked the part of a criminal thug. He was acting erraticly becuase he was high. It was perfectly reasonable to suspect that he was up to no good based on his appearance and actions. I would hope that any of my neighbors would look to see what such a person was up to.
Got to get a kick out of all these so called pundits with their prognostications. Of course Zimmerman is innocent...you don’t have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out. How the jury will decide is another matter. Suppose they know of riot preparations in case of an acquittal. Suppose family members are aware of black threats, will they be in fear of their own or families safety? They all said Casey Anthony and OJ were guilty and what happened? Will they hold it against Zimmerman if he doesn’t testify?
Will the judge warn the jurors that if they return a “not guilty” verdict they will be to blame for the resulting riots?
It’s pretty clear that Zimmerman is not guilty of any crime under Florida law, but there is no way this jury returns with a not guilty verdict. They’ll find some lesser compromise charge, and hang that around his neck.
That, or a hung jury.