Skip to comments.Another Dishonest Planned Parenthood Ad in Texas
Posted on 07/12/2013 8:02:28 AM PDT by texas booster
1. We already know that PP does NOT provide cancer screenings, except as related to STD infection. No breast cancer screenings at all except touching by a nurse to check for lumps.
2. Calling PP a "Texas health center" is stretching the truth away from reality - PP is all about abortion and the money they earn from ending a baby's life.
3. The ad shows a generic woman vs. state senator John Carona. Carona is neither a primary sponsor of SB 5 nor a cosponsor of the bill. Why include a picture of him and mention his political career?
4. On the PP landing page, Ms. Davis is prominently mentioned (as "heroic"?) and Gov Perry and Lt Gov Dewhurst names are tossed out as foils that "threaten the health of Texas women". Only at the end of the paragraph do they mention abortion. And they want your email.
5. If a "health clinic" provides Pap smear tests and true breast cancer screenings, then they should be treated as a medical clinic. It is the law.
6. For the health of the woman, abortion needs to be treated as any other MEDICAL procedure - performed in a safe certified clinic that meets state STANDARDS - just as every other medical clinic in the US (except in Philadelphia) is required to meet.
This ad just burned me up - besides aggravating me with a pop up ad, it was an ad that on its very face was lying (not just misleading).
AND the DMN wonders why their circulation is down!!
What else does one expect from the Dallas Morning Spews?
Dogs bark, lions roar, the left lies.
I am appalled at the dishonesty over the SB 5 debate.
In Ohio, PP is running ads claiming the new state budget limits the ability of rape counselors to do their jobs. In reality, rape counselors are forbidden to recommend abortion as part of the counseling. That’s all.
Typical of an organization whose very name is an Orwellian lie.
[The late] Father John A. Hardon (a good friend of Mother T’s), stated that behind every abortion is Satan. So it would make sense that Planned Parenthood would spew inaccuracies as the devil is the “Father of Lies.”
I got that ad as a pop up, and I’m no where near District 16 in Dallas County. I know he is up for re-election in 2014.
I just thought the idea was to get “Wendy Davis” types to vote him out..I closed the ad as I hated a Texas Flag superimposed on a flip flop in a “let’s kill more babies” ad.