Skip to comments.'Secret Obama plan' forfeits Temple Mount to Palestinians
Posted on 07/21/2013 6:50:45 PM PDT by Errant
The Obama administration has quietly presented a plan in which the Palestinian Authority and Jordan will receive sovereignty over the Temple Mount while Israel will retain the land below the Western Wall, according to a senior PA negotiator speaking to WND.
(Excerpt) Read more at wnd.com ...
Personally, I think the Mosque there should be bulldozed.
Jews in USA really don’t care about Israel, it seems
Or else they would not have voted for a muslim
The “man of lawlessness” steals property from Jerusalem...not such a great idea.
is this part of a 7 year peace plan?
Something happens midway through but I forget what it was.
The Book is reading more like the newspaper every day, isn’t it?
No way the Israeli Jews would even give this a second thought.
If it wasn’t such a historically significant area, I’d suggest we nuke it from orbit - just to be sure. However, the Temple Mount is a very important part of history so we need to preserve it by taking it away from the muslims; they have no respect for anyone but themselves, so they should be removed.
In the end the bacteria win.
Yes it is, very scary but I’m happy to know the Lord will be returning soon.
When do the sacrifices resume?
Which may be why Obama is pushing it. A pre-text to justify removing all aid to Israel.
Or rather the reverse...
The newspaper is starting to read like the Book.
Sponsoring FReepers are contributing
$10 Each time a New Monthly Donor signs up!
Get more bang for your FR buck!
Click Here To Sign Up Now!
The point where we go from whats in the BOOK to actually seeing it transpire is AWESOME...
God is in control
and we are so out of control
Obama’s Plan: All Jews incinerated. Then the Christians.
You might be on to something. Anything to distance himself from any pretext of sympathy for Jews. His muslim brothers will be so proud.
It’d be better if we did nothing at all than do anything involving taking land belonging to God and giving it to God’s enemies. Perhaps this is the time spoken about in Isaiah
For, before the harvest, when the blossom is gone and the flower becomes a ripening grape, he will cut off the shoots with pruning knives, and cut down and take away the spreading branches.
They will all be left to the mountain birds of prey and to the wild animals; the birds will feed on them all summer, the wild animals all winter.
(Isaiah 18:5-6 NIV)
IMO, about a 99% chance.
Am posting this here because I think this is significant and our news isn’t saying much about it....
Heads up!.... “EU leaders issue anti-Israel directive aimed at dividing Jerusalem & forcing Jews out of Biblical heartland”.
On the eve of new Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, the European Union has made a sweeping and highly aggressive move to use its legal and financial muscle to force Israel to divide its capital city of Jerusalem and abandon all of its activities in the Biblical heartland of Judea and Samaria,.... commonly known these days as the West Bank of the Jordan River.
Specifically,..... the EU barring all of its 28 member countries from doing any business or any other activity with any Israeli company, NGO, college, school or other entity that operate in East Jerusalem or the West Bank.
There is grave concern among Israelis that this could effectively become a boycott or a full embargo against any Israeli company that is based in Israel-proper but has a factory or offices or affiliates that operate in East Jerusalem and the West Bank..... If so, this could have a devastating financial consequence given the level of business Israel currently does with Europe.
There is no legal basis for the EUs move, ... therefore, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other senior officials are speaking out strongly against this foreign dictate.
THE EU DIRECTIVE
A dramatic new directive published by the European Union bars its 28 members from all cooperation with Israeli entities in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, reports the Times of Israel.
The directive, sent out on June 30 and set to take effect ON FRIDAY!,.... extends to all funding, cooperation, and the granting of scholarships, research grants and prizes to Israeli entities in East Jerusalem and the West Bank ...
*****It also requires that any contracts between EU member countries and Israel henceforth include a clause stating that East Jerusalem and the West Bank are NOT part of the State of Israel.********
Sandra de Waele, the deputy EU ambassador to Israel, said...”.. the measure was designed to ensure that EU financial support not benefit [Israeli] entities beyond the Green Line,.... because it was the EUs position that such entities were illegal,....... She said there had been concern that these entities had indeed been benefiting from EU funds...... She stressed that the directive would not affect private businesses.
A senior Israeli official told Haaretz that the ruling was an earthquake which unprecedentedly turns understandings and quiet agreements that the Union does not work beyond the Green Line into formal, binding policy .
The European Union has been reported to be mulling sanctions against Israels occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem for some time,...... with new rules for labeling products produced over the Green Line on the table, the Times noted.
The directive, to be in effect until 2020, is designed in part to stave-off a general boycott of Israel and to ensure that Israels participation in EU projects is not put in question, the EU told Haaretz..... Reportedly, the clause is already affecting negotiations over a proposed Israeli-EU youth project.
NETANYAHU SPEAKS OUT
As prime minister, I wont allow hundreds of thousands of Israelis living in the West Bank, Golan Heights, and in Jerusalem our united capital to be harmed, Netanyahu said,... I expect those who really want peace and regional stability to deal with this matter [of West Bank settlements] after they solve more pressing problems in the region like the Syrian civil war and Irans race to get a nuclear weapon .......We will not accept any foreign dictates about our borders...... This matter will only be determined through direct negotiation between the [two] sides of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
EU DIRECTIVES FLAWED LEGAL BASIS
This unprecedented and hostile EU fixation with Israel and its settlements, to the almost total exclusion of the other pressing issues in the Middle East, Europe, and throughout the world, is based on a series of long-standing and deliberately misleading and flawed legal and political assumptions regarding the illegality of Israels settlements and the status of the pre-1967 armistice lines as Israels border,...... notes Ambassador Alan Baker, former legal advisor to the Israeli Foreign Ministry and Israeli ambassador to Canada, in an analysis for the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs.
These assumptions are all the more misleading and misguided in that they totally negate or deliberately flout the historic and legal rights granted by the international community,... including Europe,.... to Israel and the Jewish people in a series of international agreements and commitments,..... Baker argues.
....... The assumptions totally ignore the indigenous rights of the Jewish people in the area, as protected by international declarations...... Similarly, they negate the very positions supported by the European states that endorsed UN Security Council Resolution 242 from 1967 calling for secure and recognized boundaries, and negate the EUs own commitments as signatory and witness to the Oslo Accords, to honour the content of those accords, and not to predetermine and undermine specific negotiating issues including the final status of the territories, borders, settlements, Jerusalem, and other issues. As such, the present EU policy,.... including the commission notice, specifically undermines the negotiating process by taking sides, and by pre-determining the negotiating issues of settlements, Jerusalem and borders...... As such, this fixation prejudices and obviates any claim by the EU to impartiality, and precludes the EU from performing any function within the negotiating process.
It is one thing to defend the right of the Palestinian people to have full autonomy and govern their own daily affairs. I wholeheartedly support and defend that right, as well. .....But “the EU is trying to impose a final agreement on Israel and the Jewish people”... in defiance of international law and their own previously stated policies.
The EU move is wrong-headed, reveals Europes increasingly anti-Israel attitude, and should make Israeli leaders wary about any EU involvement in the peace process.
From Joel Rosenberg’s E-mail
Copy of the Exact European Union Directive...(This is serious stuff against Israel by the EU)......
Copy of the new European Union directive concerning EU funding for entities established beyond the 1967 border lines including the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights.
Below is the full text, preserving the original spelling and grammar.
on the eligibility of Israeli entities and their activities in the territories occupied by Israel since June 1967 for grants, prizes and financial instruments funded by the EU from 2014 onwards.
Section A. GENERAL ISSUES
1. These guidelines set out the conditions under which the Commission will implement key requirements for the award of EU support to Israeli entities or to their activities in the territories occupied by Israel since June 1967. Their aim is to ensure the respect of EU positions and commitments in conformity with international law on the non-recognition by the EU of Israels sovereignty over the territories occupied by Israel since June 1967. These guidelines are without prejudice to other requirements established by EU legislation.
2. The territories occupied by Israel since June 1967 comprise the Golan Heights, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
3. The EU does not recognise Israels sovereignty over any of the territories referred to in point 2 and does not consider them to be part of Israels territory, irrespective of their legal status under domestic Israeli law. The EU has made it clear that it will not recognise any changes to pre-1967 borders, other than those agreed by the parties to the Middle East Peace Process (MEPP). The EUs Foreign Affairs Council has underlined the importance of limiting the application of agreements with Israel to the territory of Israel as recognised by the EU.
4. These guidelines do not cover EU support in the form of grants, prizes or financial instruments awarded to Palestinian entities or to their activities in the territories referred to in point 2, nor any eligibility conditions set up for this purpose. In particular, they do not
cover any agreements between the EU, on the one hand, and the Palestinian Liberation Organisation or the Palestinian Authority, on the other hand.
Section B. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
5. These guidelines apply to EU support in the form of grants, prizes or financial instruments within the meaning of Titles VI, VII and VIII of the Financial Regulation which may be awarded to Israeli entities or to their activities in the territories occupied by Israel since June
1967. Their application is without prejudice to specific eligibility conditions which may be laid down in the relevant basic act.
6. These guidelines apply:
(a) for grants to all applicants and beneficiaries, irrespective of their role (sole beneficiary, coordinator or co-beneficiary). This includes entities participating in the action on a no-cost basis and affiliated entities within the meaning of Article 122(2) of the Financial Regulation. This does not include contractors or sub-contractors selected by grant
beneficiaries in conformity with procurement rules. As regards third parties referred to in Article 137 of the Financial Regulation, in the cases where the costs of financial support to such third parties are eligible under a call for proposals the authorising officer responsible
may, where appropriate, specify in the call for proposals and in the grant agreements or decisions that the eligibility criteria set out in these guidelines also apply to the persons that may receive financial support by the beneficiaries.
(b) for prizes to all participants and winners in contests;
(c) for financial instruments to dedicated investment vehicles, financial intermediaries and sub-intermediaries and to final recipients.
7. These guidelines apply to grants, prizes and financial instruments managed, as the case may be, by the Commission, by executive agencies (direct management) or by bodies entrusted with budget implementation tasks in accordance with Article 58(1)(c) of the Financial Regulation (indirect management).
8. These guidelines apply to grants, prizes and financial instruments funded from appropriations of the 2014 financial year and subsequent years and authorised by financing decisions adopted after the adoption of the guidelines.
Section C. CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY OF ISRAELI ENTITIES
9. As regards the place of establishment of Israeli entities:
(a) In the case of grants and prizes, only Israeli entities having their place of establishment within Israels pre-1967 borders will be considered eligible.
(b) In the case of financial instruments, only Israeli entities having their place of establishment within Israels pre-1967 borders will be considered eligible as final recipients.
10. The place of establishment is understood to be the legal address where the entity is registered, as confirmed by a precise postal address corresponding to a concrete physical location. The use of a post office box is not allowed.
11. The requirements set out in section C:
(a) apply to the following types of legal persons: Israeli regional or local authorities and other public bodies, public or private companies or corporations and other private legal persons, including non-governmental not-for-profit organisations;
(b) do not apply to Israeli public authorities at national level (ministries and government agencies or authorities);
(c) do not apply to natural persons.
Section D. CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY OF ACTIVITIES IN THE
TERRITORIES OCCUPIED BY ISRAEL
12. As regards the activities/operations of Israeli entities:
(a) In the case of grants and prizes, the activities of Israeli entities carried out in the framework of EU-funded grants and prizes will be considered eligible if they do not take place in the territories referred to in point 2, either partially or entirely.
(b) In the case of financial instruments, Israeli entities will be considered eligible as final recipients if they do not operate in the territories referred to in point 2, either in the framework of EU-funded financial instruments or otherwise.
13. Any activity or part thereof included in an application for an EU grant or prize which does not meet the requirements set out in point 12(a) will be considered as ineligible and will not be considered as part of the application for the purpose of its further evaluation.
14. The requirements set out in section D:
(a) apply to activities under point 12 carried out by the following types of legal persons: Israeli regional or local authorities and other public bodies, public or private companies or corporations and other private legal persons, including non-governmental not-for-profit
(b) apply also to activities under point 12 carried out by Israeli public authorities at national level (ministries and government agencies or authorities);
(c) do not apply to activities under point 12 carried out by natural persons.
15. Notwithstanding points 12-14 above, the requirements set out in section D do not apply to activities which, although carried out in the territories referred to in point 2, aim at benefiting protected persons under the terms of international humanitarian law who live in these territories and/or at promoting the Middle East peace process in line with EU policy.
Section E. IMPLEMENTATION ARRANGEMENTS
16. Each Israeli entity referred to in points 11(a)&(b) and 14(a)&(b), which applies for an EU grant, prize or financial instrument, shall submit a declaration on honour as follows:
(a) In the case of grants and prizes, the declaration will state that the application of the Israeli entity is in accordance with the requirements under points 9(a) and 12(a) of these guidelines, while also taking into account the applicability of point 15 thereof. For grants,
this declaration will be drafted in accordance with Article 131(3) of the Financial Regulation.
(b) In the case of financial instruments, the declaration will state that the application of the Israeli entity as a final recipient is in accordance with the requirements under points 9(b) and 12(b) of these guidelines.
17. The declarations under point 16 are without prejudice to any other supporting documents required in the calls for proposals, rules of contests or calls for the selection of financial intermediaries or dedicated investment vehicles. They will be included in the package of
application documents for each concerned call for proposals, rules of contests and call for the selection of financial intermediaries or dedicated investment vehicles. Their text will be adapted to the requirements relevant for each EU grant, prize or financial instrument.
18. The submission of a declaration under point 16 that contains incorrect information may be considered as a case of misrepresentation or a serious irregularity and may lead:
(a) for grants to the measures set out in Article 131(5) and 135 of the Financial Regulation,
(b) for prizes to the measures set out in Article 212(1)(viii) of the Rules of Application of the Financial Regulation10 and,
(c) for financial instruments to the measures set out in Article 221(3) of the Rules of Application of the Financial Regulation.
19. The Commission will implement these guidelines in their entirety, and in a clear and accessible manner. It will notably announce the eligibility conditions set out in Sections C and D in the work programmes11 and/or financing decisions, calls for proposals, rules of
contests and calls for the selection of financial intermediaries or dedicated investment vehicles.
20. The Commission will ensure that the work programmes and calls for proposals, rules of contests and calls for the selection of financial intermediaries or dedicated investment vehicles published by the bodies entrusted with budget implementation tasks under indirect
management contain the eligibility conditions set out in Sections C and D.
21. In order to clearly articulate EU commitments under international law, taking into account relevant EU policies and positions, the Commission will also endeavour to have the content of these guidelines reflected in international agreements or protocols thereto or Memoranda of Understanding with Israeli counterparts or with other parties.
22. The award of EU support to Israeli entities or to their activities in the form of grants, prizes or financial instruments requires engagement with Israeli entities referred to in points 11 and 14, for example, by organising meetings, visits or events. Such engagement will not take place in the territories referred to in point 2, unless it is related to the activities referred to in point 15.
Thank you for posting. I saw something about this last week on Trunews.com. It sounds like a coordinated effort. Obama pushing the EU against Israel, while he plays the “good cop” and offers a solution. In reality all planned in advance by whatever evil he is doing the bidding for.
The Temple Mount will be opened to Jewish Worship and this will be a defining moment.
I agree...and just Freep-mailed you.
I thought important these two be seen together, EU and Obamas plans......sure does paint a picture doesn’t it....it’s game on for them!
....All the while Obama entertaining the masses here by talking about everything else... while his evil hands work un-noticed!
Egypt and Syria too are in this play now....we’d be good to watch closely as these things move...and not loose sight of Russia’s hand.
They can't do that! The Muslim world would explode with rage. America and Israel would be hated by Islamists everywhere. You would see a united movement to wipe Israel off the map!.......
Yeah, bulldoze it.
From your link and good article.....
<.....”He said Israeli government officials were particularly angry at not being given an opportunity to discuss the matter before the directive was issued.........They handed us the document a few days back and said they wanted to have a dialogue,... but that it will be adopted and is irreversible,.... the Israeli official said.... What kind of dialogue is that? Its a mockery of a dialogue.”....>
Hard to believe they completely bi-passed Israel on this....am so concerned for the nation as countries turn away....’they will pay the price of all time’ for doing so when all is said and done....but rough ride now for Israel as the powers press hard on the Nation, .....am SO angry about this!
Russia, I can't figure out. They seem to be more on God's side now than America. Bible scholars have always pegged them as one of the bad guys at the end of the age. Things change and perhaps that will be the case here (i.e., dark forces gain control over Russia)?
“Something happens midway through but I forget what it was.”
Better be ready: http://patburt.com/
There will be a day that the Temple is rebuilt. Bulldozing is the first step, but there will be a war to end all wars before it happens.
Yhe world does not yet realize that we are standing in the shadow of an angry G-d. But they will.
This is why about a year ago I stopped posting on the Peace of Jerusalem Prayer thread. I felt in my gut that I was praying against G-d’s purpose and all the warnings to Jerusalem have gone unheeded by everyone, especially by the Jews.
I am not going to state the reasons here, but G-d gave the Hebrews specific instructions and we failed to uphold our end of the Covenant to please a world that hates us. For politically correct reasons, Israel has gone against every edict and now we must deal with the wrath of G-d and it is our own fault.
Understated for what is coming. Not only for Israel, but other nations as well...
That happened 60 years after the life of Christ.
There will be two periods of wars in most Christian eschatology views.
.....’in 2007’ WND reported...” Jordan had been quietly purchasing real estate surrounding the Temple Mount in Jerusalem hoping to gain more control over the area accessing the holy site, according to Palestinian and Israeli officials.”
Why would Israel permit Jordon purchasing land around the Temple?...Some things Israel does make no sense to me...this is one of them...unless Israel has plans for another Temple site next to the Mosque....there has been controversy about the exact location and that the Temple Mount isn't really the initial site.....
Christ said,”I tell you that in your life time not a stone will stand in Jerusalem.” It happened just as He said. Rome Sacked Jerusalem.
Then you know exactly what I was referring.
Youtube channel of one of the most scripturally knowledgeable persons on the planet. You might find some of the teachings available very educational.
Just sayin'... ;)
Make no mistake Russia is a bad guy....Putin is a player and he has many fooled right now...while he sleeps with the Islamic nations and cozy’s up with China.....Russia opposes all but it’s self....regardless how much Putin appears to be less evil than OBOZO.
God’s in control—not man.
I think the discussion is about the events happening ‘now’ and the ‘division of Israel’s land’ as well as the Ultimate ‘Agreement’ she will one day sign......she will not be destroyed...but she will suffer down the road as we know.
Damascus , however, will be a pile of rubble....and Syria cities are fast getting there with how things look now.
That's not exactly what the Disciples said he said, but that's not the issue. If you are saying the sacking of Israel by the Romans was the end of the age, then you are very mistaken. If you're saying only that the destruction of the second Temple as foretold by the Messiah happened as he said it would. You're exactly right. No stone was left unturned, some say because soldiers pursued melted gold flowing down between the Temple's stone building blocks.
Russia is truly a “mystery wrapped in an enigma” - or visa versa... :)
Yep.....Putins’ playing cool man luke...and winning the attention of his people...but I think he looks “good” to us because Obama is so weak and such an embarrassment...and more!