This is why the Dems are going to dump Obamacare by the end of January next year.
Bet on it. The ground work is already being laid:
1. Delays in parts of the law.
2. Harry Reid complaining about the funding levels.
3. Continuing lawsuits by religious organizations.
4. AFL-CIO letter.
5. Obama campaigning for it.
I hope you are right. What do you think about next years elections? 2016?
I would suggest a two-year delay measure likely to be put up in January and passed by April....well ahead of the November elections. Republicans would buy into the vote, and at least half the Democrats in the Senate would readily agree.
But I would suggest this....if you delay everything two years....then we face this again by 2016, in the midst of a Presidential election. Which idiot Democratic contender would support the healthcare law as it is today? None. Even Hillary has likely some issues with the way it’s structured.
We mustn’t let there be a void, though. We must fill it with free market innovation:
1. medical pros licensed in one state may practice in any of the 50 states (federalism via the CC)
2. health insurance can be sold interstate (ibid)
Those two innovations alone will drop healthcare costs. Much of health care’s expensiveness occurs at the state and local level via laws and regulations limiting medical competition. You cannot open a medical or dental practice without going before a zoning board, why?
It’s illegal to open a private hospital without the state hospital board’s permission, why?