Good time to reinforce with your loved ones - DON'T GET IN THE CAR, EVEN IF HE HAS A GUN.
And, if you can get out of the car safely, RUN LIKE HELL, EVEN IF HE HAS A GUN.
1) He might not shoot, especially in public.
2) If he shoots, he might miss.
3) If he hits you, you might not be seriously injured.
4) If you are seriously wounded by a gunshot (especially 1/3 of a mile from Boston Medical Centre), you might not die.
5) If you leave voluntarily in the car, your death is a near-certainty.
Whenever I see the word “random,” in a crime story, I know what to expect.