Skip to comments.Bright College Years: The Daily Beast has a hit piece about Senator Ted Cruz’s time at Princeton
Posted on 08/20/2013 6:38:44 AM PDT by SeekAndFind
The Daily Beast has a hit piece about Senator Ted Cruzs time at Princeton. Probably because hesCorner readers know whats coming next!an old friend of mine (in all subsequent posts Im just saying a.o.f.o.m. and linking to this one), Ive got a few more thoughts than it deserves:
1) The denouement of the poker story, of which I was wholly unaware, makes me like him a bit more, which was clearly not the intended effect.
2) The Beast needs to pick a story. Either he was well-liked or people thought he was creepy. (My own recollection tends toward the former but then it would.) Ive rarely heard of people getting both labels.
3) Liberal hit pieces on Cruz need to pick a story. Dana Milbank tells us Cruz is an opportunist pretending to be an ideologue; the Beast says hes always been a nutter.
4) So the Beast found some classmates of Cruz at Princeton who think hes too ideologically rigid to be a good president. (No doubt their own political views are delightfully eclectic.) So what?
5) Everyone you went to college with now counts as a colleague of yours?
Maybe they should do a piece about obama’s time at college?
Of course this brings up the inevitable question : WHERE ARE OBAMA’S COLLEGE RECORDS?
Sucking **** and smoking weed.
Could there ever find ANYONE who remembers Obama at College? No, didn’t think so.
At least we have found people at Princeton who knew who Cruz and we at least now know that Cruz actually went to Princeton.
Where are Obama’s classmates?
Waiting for Obamadork stores.
Interesting, they haven’t found obama’s records or class mates.
Oops, that’s Obamadork stories.
One would never have an Obamadork store...that would require the dork to actually have a sense of business.
This is almost as good as the article they did on Obama’s college days.
NOBODY in the media has looked into Obama’s college days.
College is not the grand social club for everyone that some in the media think it is.
I can say with relative certainty that very few people from my college would remember me, and I dont remember a single name (i could put a name to a face if i had to, maybe)
I just didnt socialize in college - i went to college late and worked full-time on the night shift. When i wasn’t working or in class studying, i was sleeping
This is FLOP SWEAT. Big Time.
Oh, Hell no!
Here’s the story that has the liberal’s in a tizzy:
Cruz also angered a number of upperclassmen his freshman year when he joined in a regular poker game and quickly ran up $1,800 in debt to other students from his losses. Cruzs spokeswoman, Catherine Frazier, said Cruz acknowledges playing in the poker games, which he now considers foolish.
He went to his aunt, who worked at a bank in Dallas, and borrowed $1,800 from her, which he paid in cash and promptly quit the game, Frazier told The Daily Beast, explaining that Cruz worked two jobs and made monthly payments to his aunt for the next two years to repay the debt.
The Daily Beast.
Isn’t this the internet rag that’s edited by Kirsten Powers the liberal chick who appears on Fox News as a contributor and always has her mouth hanging open.
I don’t really know what to read into that.
Cruz = Preemptive media attacks on a presumptive opponent to "kankles"
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.