Skip to comments.Fake Mormon Missionaries Rob Vegas Home at Gunpoint
Posted on 08/22/2013 6:33:46 AM PDT by Red Badger
(LAS VEGAS) -- Police have released surveillance video with the hopes that someone will recognize two men apparently posing as Mormon missionaries who pulled out a gun instead of a bible before robbing a couples home in Las Vegas.
The robbery took place at about 6 a.m. on June 27 when Ida and Terence Delucia say the young men knocked on their door.
They said wed like to talk to you about Jesus Christ and they handed me a pamphlet, Terence Delucia said.
These so-called men of God were far from holy, says Terence, who was attacked at his doorstep.
When I handed the pamphlet back, something went around my neck. I screamed for my wife, he said.
Terence says the suspects beat him but he managed to wrestle both men to the ground, although it was a losing battle.
Once I was on the ground, one of them was sitting on me and I could not breathe and thats when I thought I was going to die, he said.
Then, he says, they started robbing the house and made their way into the bedroom where his wife was hiding underneath clothes.
He came into the bedroom to check and he looked around, and I could see the gun, Ida Delucia said.
Police say the thieves made off with $3,000 stashed in a cookie jar, three iPads and an iPod.
Both men were wearing white button-down shirts, black ties, black pants and black shoes. One suspect is described as a white male, 22 to 28 years old, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-8, and 130 to 145 pounds. The other suspect is described as a black male, 22 to 28 years old, 5-foot-10 to 6-foot-1, and 190 to 210 pounds.
The traumatic experience has caused the Delucias to start looking for a new home.
I fear for my life right now, Ida said. I dont know whos going to come to my door.
Clever, but the guy should have realized they were fake, one of them was black.
A .357 beats two aces.
How far Mitt Romney has fallen...
There are black Mormons..........now.............
Somebody knocks on my door at 6 am better have a Publishers Clearinghouse check in their hands............
Lessons to learn:
1. Never open your door for a stranger, particularly at 6 am.
2. If you do open your door, be prepared to shoot to kill and be prepared to have a faster gun draw than the stranger. (Is it against the law to just have it in your hand, ready to go? ;-)
2. Every family member should know what to do in such situations and in different scenarios. Practice make perfect.
3. Every woman should be willing and able to provide backup to her spousal unit with the appropriate firearm. I can’t think of a better greeting for a thug than a mouthful of lead, can you? (Hiding under clothes? Seriously?)
4. Never hide money in the cookie jar. If you must, just hide a token $100 bill in it so they’ll stop looking.
Based on that statement, I'd have known immediately that they weren't Mormons.
4. Never hide money in the cookie jar, FREEZER or BEDROOM CLOSET. Buy a SAFE and put it in the concrete foundation! If you must, just hide a token $100 bill in it so theyll stop looking.
Too old and too big for the typical boys the Mormons send out.
True, they are typically less than 22 years old.........
You mean a spade and a joker in this case?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.