Skip to comments.5 Corporations That Should Be Blacklisted By Conservatives
Posted on 08/24/2013 4:24:00 AM PDT by Kaslin
Contrary to what you hear from liberals, the biggest flaw conservatives have is being overly tolerant. Really? Seriously? We're "overly tolerant?"
Conservatives will listen to a Hollywood star trash us as intolerant and then we'll go watch his movie anyway. Musicians will openly support Obama and call us racists; yet we'll still buy their albums. Corporations will bend over backwards to undermine everything we hold dear and then we'll turn right around and buy their products. Conservatives make up 40% of all Americans and if we start letting our values dictate where we spend our money, we can transform America's culture in a hurry. Our money spells the difference between a blockbuster and a flop, a hit single or a bust, and a corporate CEO ending up on the cover of Business Week or looking for a new job. You want to even the playing field in America? Then stop propping up corporations that want to destroy everything you hold dear. When a company does something you don't like, close your wallet until management gets the idea. When your money talks, corporations listen. Here are five easy ones to get you started.
1) Chrysler: It's bad enough that Obama spent billions of dollars of your money to prop up the fat cats at Chrysler, but after the crooked deal was done, United Auto Workers ended up owning 55% of the company. In other words, every time you buy a car from Chrysler, your money is helping to prop up a liberal union that works non-stop to elect as many liberal Democrats as possible. Chrysler isn't a corporation with a liberal union attached; it's a liberal union with a corporation attached to it.
2) Progressive Insurance: Peter Lewis is the Chairman of Progressive Insurance Companies and outside of George Soros, he may be the biggest liberal sugar daddy on the block. This former close friend of Ted Kennedy has poured tens of millions of dollars into the ACLU, America Coming Together, and MoveOn, among other liberal causes. So, why not get your auto insurance from a company that isnt working to destroy the American way of life?
3) Capital One: Having someone like Alec Baldwin as your spokesman just screams, "We don't want conservative customers." This is the same Alec Baldwin who has said, "Gingrich is a cranky history professor. Romney is better suited for country club president. Obama sees what govts priorities should be. Obama...2012" and "Until Limbaugh gets real, weans himself off the big salary and runs for office, he will always be nothing more than a poorly educated, marginally talented buffoon who has developed a real talent for manipulating the G-spot of the neocon consciousness and massaging the hate gland of so many economically displaced white voters in America." Why give money to a company that holds you in such contempt that it would hire a man like this as its spokesman?
4) Starbucks: Do you really need overpriced coffee from a corporation that detests traditional marriage? Not only is Starbucks pro-gay marriage, but when a shareholder complained that boycotts over gay marriage were costing the company money, "Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz responded...by telling him that he could, sell your shares in Starbucks and buy shares in another company. If you're a Christian or just someone who believes in traditional marriage, the CEO of Starbucks is publicly saying he doesn't want your business. Can't you find your coffee somewhere else where you aren't forced to swallow Starbucks disdain for you along with your Java?
5) The AARP: Despite the fact that its membership opposed Obamacare because it would destroy our healthcare system, the AARP supported that abomination because it is going to make a killing marketing insurance under the bill. Its also doing more than any other organization to block entitlement reform, which is making it practically impossible to keep America from sliding into bankruptcy. On top of all that, AARP is a left-wing organization that has backed gun control and Planned Parenthood while fighting against a Balanced Budget Amendment. You might as well just give your money directly to the Democrat Party as to the AARP.
I’ve been with Progressive for 15 years. What’s a good conservative alternative?
100% dead on correct.
But the last couple times I said freepers were funding the demise of America through their refusal to cut dish/cable, several put Football and Nascar above it...because they just had to be entertained.
Before we can do what this article says, and we should, we collectively need to get our priorities straight.
Or keep funding the companies and the propaganda. Facts do not lie.
I was a big fan of Starbucks but switched to Gevalia. Also switched to Liberty Mutual and saved $.
Happy to report I have nothing to do with any of them. I find them all odious, in particular Capitol 1 and AARP. And I hate coffee.
And even if we have to pay more, those extra bucks aren’t funding liberalism. Which should make it worth it for any of us.
I also stopped shopping at Target. I only eat fast food when on the road, and I always look for a Chic-fil-A
After I bought my car I searched for insurance, ALLSTATE, GEICO and Progressives came not in consideration. Travelers Insurance gave me the best quotes for my needs. USAA is also very good, but you can only get this if you are active military, or retired military or a spouse.
I love coffee which is why I would never be caught drinking that over-roasted, burnt swill that Starbucks calls java.
I don’t know that AAA is a good alternative to Progressive. In fact, in our area buying AAA insurance means you ARE buying Progressive. We use 21st Century Insurance - they’re certainly much less expensive for the same coverage.
I agree that we need to start letting our dollars talk. I already do - I’ll never buy a GM or Chrysler product again. And this from a person who has owned GM products his entire life. I quit AARP when I realized they were huge libtards. I don’t go see musicians and movies from extreme lefties. The last movie I saw at the theatre was Red 2, which may have had some lefties in it, but Bruce Willis was the main attraction. I’ll support him.
There are easily 5 HUNDRED companies we should boycott, but I guess you need to start somewhere! :-)
Collapse the system. Destroy the republican party which has held us in slavery. Let us leave their plantation. Then we can truly rebuild a free nation(s).
I never had anything to do with any of the five listed.
As for Auto insurance, I had GEICO all of my driving life
in the US (40+ years). I never had a moments trouble with them.
Since I am no longer in the USSA, I have no idea how they rate now.
We cant do everything but if we all picked a handful of companies and just stopped supporting them it would have an impact. Buy used when possible and avoid the outright communist types at all cost.
Don’t do business with any of them and never have. Don’t go to see hollywood’s movies either or worship football or anything but the one true God...wish I didn’t have to donate to the world’s self-gratification of self and hatred of God and His Ways through my tax dollars. But that’s part of what the Bible describes for these days in 2 Timothy 3:1-13.
Believers live in the world, but are not of the world. Jesus prayed for us in John 17 and His prayer is most certainly answered by the Father. The glory which He gave the Son, the Son has given to His disciples (true followers), that they maybe one, just as the Son and the Father are one.
Roger all that. I will avoid anything union made if possible. Any chance I get.
Neither have I, nor will I ever. I very seldom go to the movies. The last one I went to was For A Greater Glory. In the last 10 years I have only been to 5 or 6 movies