Skip to comments.Cory Booker Came Around on Gays in College
Posted on 08/27/2013 12:05:22 PM PDT by nickcarraway
Newark mayor and Twitter addict Cory Booker, now an aspiring senator, has officially entered the "answer for everything he's ever done" phase of his career. The school paper at Stanford, where Booker played football, along with Buzzfeed, dug up a 1992 op-ed column in which Booker confronts his homophobia. In his "tolerance stage," Booker wrote, "I stopped telling my gay jokes. Fags, flamers and dykes became homosexuals and people of differing sexual orientation and, of course, I had my gay friend." But: "I was disgusted by gays. The thought of two men kissing each other was about as appealing as a frontal lobotomy." He's unflinchingly honest, in a way only college columns can be. "Allow me to be more direct, escaping the euphemisms of my past I hated gays," he wrote. "The disgust and latent hostility I felt toward gays were subcategories of hatred, plain and simple." It was a gay counselor at the university that began to change his mind:
Well, it didnt take me long to realize that the root of my hatred did not lie with gays but with myself. It was my problem. A problem I dealt with by ceasing to tolerate gays and instead seeking to embrace them.
In these efforts I have found another community with which I feel akin and from which I draw strength. The gay people with whom I am close are some of the strongest, most passionate and caring people I know and their demands for justice are no less imperative than those of any other community.
Booker concludes, "Alas, occasionally I still find myself acting defensive if someone thinks I am gay or sometimes I remain silent when others slam and slander." As a 43-year-old single man, Booker has not outrun such gossip entirely. "These realizations hurt me deeply," he wrote more than two decades ago. "I must continue to struggle for personal justice."
"I was writing about my teenage struggle for integrity," Booker tweeted today, in response to a compliment on the old article. "Thanks."
and we have a new contender for Most Poorly Written Headline of the Year...
So now they've raised the bar for "tolerance" to require actually having a desire to participate?? Methinks they need to review the definition.
He came around on gays - as in reach around?
He’s a two-fer!
Yeah, Mr. Booker...all that was far more than I needed to know about you and your past journeys of self-exploration. But thanks for all the crap, anyway.
Just another self-loathing, pansified, loser who wants to be accepted into the hipster crowd.
One does have to ask what kind of counseling he got in college?
“It was a gay counselor at the university that began to change his mind..”
I’mm sure somebody who ate babies for breakfast could change his mind also.
The fact is Booker, like most career office-holders on the make HAS no principles. His sole goal is to get elected, gain power and use that power to get re-elected again, and again and again - sucking up as much campaign money and perks and salary as humanly possible.
Too many American voters simply have no brains.
Oh, was that when he found out that he liked men?
We are lucky to live in a free country. Have fun. But it will always be a perversion and no law or reeducation camp can change the base definition. Look it up, Mayor.
So now this black Leftist can throw both the race card and the fag card?
What is he so desperately trying to insulate himself from?
Or is this a ploy to ensure being elected Mayor-For-Life?
Mayor for Life?
Hell no, the boy wants to be Baraq the Second.
I bet he did, about three nights a week...
Oh my, after reading the paragraph more, he’s bucking for SENATOR-for-Life!
Cory Booker wants to be President, badly. He’s a far more talented liar than Obama.
It is right to be disgusted by disgusting things. Those who are not disgusted by disgusting behavior are abnormal and deviant.
The thought of two really fat people making out “disgusts” me as well. I think they should do so, I just don’t want to see it. I’m sure nobody wants to see me make out with anybody either, and I don’t torture the public with it.
There are also now-common sex acts that I find abhorrent and disgusting, again I’m not going to run around screaming at people about it, but I have a right to not like what I don’t like.
I don’t watch TV or movie when men are kissing. I had to turn away when Miley was “dancing”. I also hate blood and guts. I don’t mind two women kissing though. I think because I know I like to kiss women, so it makes sense to me that women would also like it.
“Cory Booker wants to be President, badly. Hes a far more talented liar than Obama.”
They are both media constructs. In Booker’s last primary race against Sharpe James (an old-school Democrat, complete with corruption), Booker was referred to as “white” and “Jewish”. Who wants to run for office in a toilet where either of them would be held against you by the voters?
Faggotry is perverse, hence the revulsion it foments.
Nature abhors it sufficiently to have made it a biological dead-end .. quite literally reproductive suicide.
No thought for society. Just me me me me me me....
Um, more than media.
In Bookers last primary race against Sharpe James (an old-school Democrat, complete with corruption), Booker was referred to as white and Jewish. Who wants to run for office in a toilet where either of them would be held against you by the voters?
Somebody who want's credit among liberal whites and self-hating Jews for a gleaming lid on a backed-up toilet?
all hands stand by for Turd Polishing duty, Mayor Booker is about to tell the worst kept secret in New Jersey...
SOMEbody's gonna have a 'problem' all right!!
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
Sure day do!
You jus be Old school - they b NEW school...
People in NJ will fight you over this!
This sad “gay” stuff has nothing to do with kissing or hugging or anything else that isn’t a sin. Guys could hug and kiss every time they met and still not sin. (Hey, they did it in the bible.) It has to do with buggery or other sexual dishonoring of the body. How such a violent or vile act got so enshrined with seeming honor is a mystery until one begins to understand sin in general. It’s a product of obscuring the glory of God and it gets its energy from the devil.
how about fool-school
Has the gay mafia become so politically powerful that Cory Booker, who’s a virtual shoe-in, has to kowtow to them? Or is all this a prelude to Booker coming out? I don’t care if he’s gay but I am sick-and-tired of the entire world revolving around 2% of the world’s population and their perversion.
Their fight is with Someone else...
“...It was a gay counselor at the university that began to change his mind:”
WTF is a “gay counselor” and why was Booker seeing one? Was he a Q?