Skip to comments.Obama: 'I Didn't Set a Red Line' on Syria
Posted on 09/04/2013 6:35:11 AM PDT by Sub-Driver
Obama: 'I Didn't Set a Red Line' on Syria Daniel Halper September 4, 2013 9:31 AM
President Obama said in Sweden today that he personally "didn't set a red line" on Syria:
"First of all, I didn't set a red line," said Obama. "The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world's population said the use of chemical weapons are [inaudble] and passed a treaty forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty. Congress set a red line when it indicated that in a piece of legislation entitled the Syria Accountability Act that some of the horrendous things happening on the ground there need to be answered for. So, when I said in a press conference that my calculus about what's happening in Syria would be altered by the use of chemical weapons, which the overwhelming consensus of humanity says is wrong, that wasn't something I just kind of made up. I didn't pluck it out of thin air. There's a reason for it."
So am I, but then I do that all the time. LOL
A “whole bunch” of chemical weapons. LOL.
Who are you going to believe Obama or your lying ears?
That might explain his new best buddy McCain for discussing world affairs.
Seriously, could drug use as a youth cause early brain function loss in a man in his 50s?
Headlines from Stockholm press conference:
President Obama says the international community cannot be silent in face of “barbarism” of Syrian chemical attack, effective response is needed. Obama says failure to respond to Syrian chemical attack would increase risk of further attacks.
- Credibility of U.S., Congress and intelligence community is on the line — not his credibility personally — in need to uphold chemical weapons ban and respond to Syria attack.
- “I didn’t set a red line, the world set a red line” against the use of chemical weapons
- Has no intention of repeating intelligence mistakes of Iraq war in response to Syria, that evidence is clear that Syrian government used chemical weapons.
- Believe Congress will approved military action against Syria but that as U.S. commander in chief he reserves the right to act in nation’s security interest
- Was not required to submit proposed military action to Congress for approval, but also that he [Obama] is not doing so as an empty exercise
- “Always hopeful” that Russia’s Putin will change his position on supporting Syria’s Assad and will continue to engage with Russia on the issue
- Obama has made appeals directly to Putin on Syria but so far Putin has resisted efforts to achieve U.N. Security Council action
Oh I see. Dear Leader took it upon himself to speak for All of Humanity.
The massive ego of Obama just expands on a daily basis!
There was another comedian that had a joke to the effect that a black man could get caught cheating by his girlfriend, in the act, and simply say
“Wuddent me” and refuse to discuss it further.
Thanks, America, for voting for this clown twice.
As the president has weighed military action, talk of a moral response to the atrocity has been clouded by a discussion of how America’s reputation would suffer if Obama did not act. A year ago, Obama said Syria’s use of chemical weapons would cross a “red line.” If you read his entire answer, Obama tries to dilute his comment almost immediately. He says his “calculus” and his equation would change, words that are meant to give him room to move. He didnt want to box himself into a military-only response. But when you use terms like “red line,” it tends to make people not listen to the rest of the sentence. That’s why you use the term in the first place.
Any other lies you’d like to peddle, Mr. President?
Boehner, Cantor, McCain, and Graham are fools.
You LYING B*S*A*D! You COWARD!
You call this LEADERSHIP!?
This Guy is DISGUSTING!
Agence France-Presse @AFP 41m
EXCLUSIVE: Syria will not give in ‘even if there is WWIII’: minister
He’s back on the choom.
“- Obama has made appeals directly to Putin on Syria but so far Putin has resisted efforts to achieve U.N. Security Council action”
What appeals have been made directly to Putin? What is Obama talking about here?
I love the image of Obama “appealing” to Putin. I suspect Putin likes it as well.
Watch it get excised before too much more time goes by.
This guy cannot even refer back to his notes for what he said publicly...incapable of recollection. Too bad he never forgets he got elected and just does not fade off back to Chicago.
Wasn’t me. I’m not in any way responsible for what’s going on. I’m out there every day fighting for these issues. Blah blah blah.