Skip to comments.Obama: 'I Didn't Set a Red Line' on Syria
Posted on 09/04/2013 6:35:11 AM PDT by Sub-Driver
click here to read article
The Weekly Standard article left out a bunch of “ahhhs” from their transcription of Bammy’s A to the tough Q. They also mistranscribed (inaudible); he clearly said “abort”, which is strangely irrelevant in that context.
It was Bush. Bush set the red line. I remember very clearly when he set the red line, and I opposed it then, as I do today.
I think we can all agree to blame Bush, the irresponsible red line setter.
Any other questions?
“Seriously, could drug use as a youth cause early brain function loss in a man in his 50s?”
Many of our younger relatives in their 40’s know former druggies who suffer from a form of dementia. Similar to the memory loss of alcoholics.
The Limbaugh Theorem = Obama is always in constant campaigning mode......against himself.
Always talking about the govt, as if he is not part of it, and laying blame at everyone elses feet. Therefore, stupid dolts that can’t think for themselves, never see him as the reason for all the crap and ruination around him. He’s never seen as a Leader....only as someone, a victim.........just like them, who has no control over anything.
You’d have to be pretty brain dead to believe this theorem, IMO. While it makes sense about those low info voters, who still think Obama is some great messiah, it just proves how utterly clueless and lacking of intelligence one would have to have, to not only believe it to begin with, but to continue to fall for it. Obama is DEAD CENTER of all the destruction going on now. And although the plan has been laid for decades and set up by previous Presidents and administrations, Obama is maximizing their errors, mistakes, faults and intentions, to destroy this country, a hundred-fold.
“We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized,” the president said. “That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.”
If the American people are going to stop this war, they need to do it now. The following are 25 quotes about the coming war with Syria that every American should see...
1. Barack Obama, during an interview with Charlie Savage on December 20, 2007: “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”
2. Joe Biden, during a television interview in 2007: “The president has no constitutional authority ... to take this nation to war ... unless we’re attacked or unless there is proof we are about to be attacked. And if he does, if he does, I would move to impeach him.”
3. U.S. Representative Ted Poe: “Mr. President, you must call Congress back from recess immediately to take a vote on a military strike on Syria. Assad may have crossed a red line but that does not give you the authority to redline the Constitution.”
4. U.S. Representative Kurt Schrader: “I see no convincing evidence that this is an imminent threat to the United States of America.”
5. U.S. Representative Barbara Lee: “While we understand that as commander-in-chief you have a constitutional obligation to protect our national interests from direct attack, Congress has the constitutional obligation and power to approve military force, even if the United States or its direct interests (such as its embassies) have not been attacked or threatened with an attack.”
6. The New York Times: “American officials said Wednesday there was no ‘smoking gun’ that directly links President Bashar al-Assad to the attack, and they tried to lower expectations about the public intelligence presentation.”
7. U.S. Senator Rand Paul: “The war in Syria has no clear national security connection to the United States and victory by either side will not necessarily bring in to power people friendly to the United States.”
8. U.S. Senator Tim Kaine: “I definitely believe there needs to be a vote.”
9. Donald Rumsfeld: “There really hasnt been any indication from the administration as to what our national interest is with respect to this particular situation.”
10. Robert Fisk: “If Barack Obama decides to attack the Syrian regime, he has ensured for the very first time in history that the United States will be on the same side as al-Qaida.”
11. Former congressman Dennis Kucinich: “So what, were about to become al-Qaedas air force now?”
12. Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem: “We have two options: either to surrender, or to defend ourselves with the means at our disposal. The second choice is the best: we will defend ourselves.”
13. A Syrian Army officer: “We have more than 8,000 suicide martyrs within the Syrian army, ready to carry out martyrdom operations at any moment to stop the Americans and the British. I myself am ready to blow myself up against US aircraft carriers to stop them attacking Syria and its people.”
14. Khalaf Muftah, a senior Ba’ath Party official: “We have strategic weapons and were capable of responding.”
15. An anonymous senior Hezbollah source: “A large-scale Western strike on Syria will plunge Lebanon virtually and immediately into the inferno of a war with Israel.”
16. Ali Larjiani, the speaker of the Iranian parliament: “...the country which has been destroyed by the terrorists during the past two years will not sustain so much damage as the warmongers will receive in this war.”
17. Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei: “Starting this fire will be like a spark in a large store of gunpowder, with unclear and unspecified outcomes and consequences”
18. General Mohammad Ali Jafari, chief of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards: (an attack on Syria) “means the immediate destruction of Israel.”
19. Israeli President Shimon Peres: “Israel is not and has not been involved in the civil war in Syria, but if they try to hurt us, we will respond with full force.”
20. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: “We are not part of the civil war in Syria, but if we identify any attempt whatsoever to harm us, we will respond and we will respond in strength.”
21. The Jerusalem Post: “The lines between Hezbollah and the Syrian regime are so blurred that Israel will hold Damascus responsible if Hezbollah bombards Israel in the coming days, Israeli officials indicated on Wednesday.”
22. Ron Paul: “The danger of escalation with Russia is very high”
23. Pat Buchanan: “The sole beneficiary of this apparent use of poison gas against civilians in rebel-held territory appears to be the rebels, who have long sought to have us come in and fight their war.”
24. Retired U.S. General James Mattis: “We have no moral obligation to do the impossible and harm our childrens future because we think we just have to do something.”
25. Syrian refugee Um Ahmad: “Isn’t it enough, all the violence and fighting that we already have in the country, now America wants to bomb us, too?”
The prime sign of a narcissist, they never can ever take any responsibility/blame for their actions..
You can’t believe your own lying eyes and ears!
The Media Messiah has spoken, and if you don’t agree, YOU MUSS BE A RASSISS!!
Long live INGSOC!
Joe “You lie!” Wilson had this fraud in chief pegged from the get go.
3 North Korea
4 South Sudan
He said its a red line. He’s claiming he didn’t set it. How long did he have to brainstorm before he came up with that.
u see what he’s saying. i won’t grant him the the out but he is not denying he said it only that he set it. The man can crawl under a bug and never bump his head.
He sounds quite stupid when there is no teleprompter.
I made the mistake of turning on Fox News this am, while getting ready for work, and this chump was rambling on and on....I thought the exact thing. Without a prompter, he just stumbles and doesn’t make any sense. It’s a wonder he can keep any of his lies straight.
And it’s a wonder, any one with a brain, doesn’t laugh him straight out of the room. His lies are so obvious and he no longer hides behind a mask.
He’s a joke....a really bad, awful, disgusting, tasteless, tacky joke...that leaves a really bad taste on ones mouth.
“First of all, I didn’t set a red line,” said Obama.
That’s funny. The whole world HEARD you set a red line!
Ted Cruz is right alongside Rand Paul on this...
Now THERE are our LEADERS!!!
Terrifically funny movie!
That G20 meeting with Putin is going to be some hoot.
Putin will make very clear to Obama exactly where he can put his “appeals”.
I’m sure he can find in international documents the phrase that says “red line is Syria using WMDs.”
But, if not....he’s a lying, blame-shifter/obfuscator.
HE said it. It was HIS voice.
If he’d said, “I’m not the only one who said WMDs are unacceptable.” then I’d be with him.
Instead, he lies by obfuscation. What a jerk.
Obama said, Bread Line! He said that his mission is to ultimately get everyone in the world in the bread line, on food stamps, and welfare, right after he finishes off his work in America.
Sheesh, you guys are haters.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.