We have been very clear to the Assad regime but also to other players on the ground that a red line for us is, we start seeing a whole bunch of weapons moving around or being utilized, Obama declared.
A “whole bunch” of chemical weapons. LOL.
Headlines from Stockholm press conference:
President Obama says the international community cannot be silent in face of “barbarism” of Syrian chemical attack, effective response is needed. Obama says failure to respond to Syrian chemical attack would increase risk of further attacks.
- Credibility of U.S., Congress and intelligence community is on the line — not his credibility personally — in need to uphold chemical weapons ban and respond to Syria attack.
- “I didn’t set a red line, the world set a red line” against the use of chemical weapons
- Has no intention of repeating intelligence mistakes of Iraq war in response to Syria, that evidence is clear that Syrian government used chemical weapons.
- Believe Congress will approved military action against Syria but that as U.S. commander in chief he reserves the right to act in nation’s security interest
- Was not required to submit proposed military action to Congress for approval, but also that he [Obama] is not doing so as an empty exercise
- “Always hopeful” that Russia’s Putin will change his position on supporting Syria’s Assad and will continue to engage with Russia on the issue
- Obama has made appeals directly to Putin on Syria but so far Putin has resisted efforts to achieve U.N. Security Council action
I surprised he didn’t say “a whole bunch O’ sh#t being moved around”.
LOL He is a dangerous clown for sure.
u see what he’s saying. i won’t grant him the the out but he is not denying he said it only that he set it. The man can crawl under a bug and never bump his head.