Skip to comments.I'll help Syria if the U.S. attacks, says Putin in chilling threat to Obama
Posted on 09/07/2013 3:24:04 AM PDT by kingattax
Russia last night issued a chilling threat to assist Syria if the US leads military strikes against its hated regime.
As a summit of world leaders broke up in acrimony, Vladimir Putin declared openly that he is already supplying arms to Syrian tyrant Bashar Assad and vowed to step up support if a planned missile attack goes ahead.
There were gasps as the Russian President made his remarks after being asked how he would react if Barack Obama proceeds with an attack in response to Syrias used of chemical weapons.
Will we help Syria? We will. And we are already helping, we send arms, we cooperate in the economics sphere, Mr Putin declared.
Amid signs any US-led action could be delayed for as long as a fortnight, with President Barack Obama battling to win the approval of Congress, Russia last night sent a fourth warship with unspecified cargo to the eastern Mediterranean.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...
I never thought I’d see it, Russia being the complete voice of reason on a thing like this and the United States being the aggressor. Thanks Democrats!
Now what cho gon do bout it Bro?
It looks like they are going to go head to head, and we'll see which one has the stomach for violence. My money is not on the anti-American communist. I'm betting on the Russian communist in this stare-down. That's a good thing, considering that Putin's path would not harm America as much as Obama's policies are meant to.
It’s not just the Democrats. It’s the ruling elites of both parties. A coup has occured.
Obama needs to push that Reset button again.
Obama can’t even clean up Chicago, what the heck is he going to do against Russia.
Vlad is now scoring points. He will have pushed the USA out of the ring. Job well done done, Obama.
Obama pushed the USA out of the ring...
Russia has a flat tax.
Russia does not have gay pride marches in their army.
Russia actually protects their border.
What’s with Obama always looking at his feet when ever he’s near Putin. Is he afraid to look Putin in the eye? Is he deferring to a better leader?
Obama, like many of his feral “sons” is unable and unwilling to engage in a fair fight. When it’s one on one - he’s nothing but a gutless faggot.
In this forum more than three weeks ago I predicted that Putin would overtly and covertly let Obama know from the beginning that he would defend Syria. Now today we hear this.
I am quite sure of what has happened here behind the scenes over the past few weeks. I think you will agree it makes perfect sense.
1. Russia gets wind early of Obama’s plan to use the excuse of nerve gas to bomb Syria.
2. There would be various reasons for Obama to do this, and Putin mulls over all of them but surmises that it is nothing other that Obama wishing to take the attention off his failing and mired administration that will soon be challenged by Congress returning form vacation.
3. Putin sits back and watches the scenario on folding.
4. To his amazement Obama telegraphs what he going to do, when etc.
5. Putin still leary pauses, but once he is sure that he is dealing with a rank coward he openly backs Syria and moves ships to the area.
6. Obama still talks of bombing thru Kerry his mouth piece.
7. It’s clear that we are poised to attack as our ships are in place.
8. Assad’s airport and munitions are exposed. It is ripe for our attack to level the playing field.
9. Putin does not wish to fight the British, Americans, Germans etc. and sits back.
10. To his amazement the Brits back off!
11. To his further amazement Obama continues to makes preparations to attack.
12. Putin has intelligence that says the US has ordinances prepared to severely damage Assad’s airport and air force.
13. COVERTLY PUTIN SENDS A CLEAR MESSAGE TO THE USA STATING THAT IF SYRIA IS ATTACKED HE WILL DEFEND SYRIA INCLUDING ATTACKING OUR SHIPS AND PLANES.
14. To everyone’s surprise, Obama wakes up this next day and calls on Congress to decide. Clearly he got the message and very very cold feet. Kerry and others scramble to claim that they were part of the decision when in fact Obama made the decision himself out of fear.
15. Now here we are in Russia at a world conference. Putin is patient and a gracious host.
16. He listens to Obama’s ramblings about bombing Syria and among his confidants chuckles knowing that it is the talk of a rank amateur.
17. He is fully aware of public opinion in our country that speaks favorably of Putin esp in his open defense of Christians in Syria.
18. Many of us on this forum speak in amazement that we find ourselves in a certain kinship not with Obama but with Putin!
19. Putin knows this.
20. Putin listens to Obama’s press conferences and his words and dinners and meetings and he’s had enough.
21. He does not want Obama to leave this conference stronger than when he came.
22. so at the opportune moment, to make the world and everyone clear, (although Obama already has been told this), he thrusts the last piece of his public thrashing of the boy king president and declares clearly for all to hear that Russia will back Syria and will not let the USA bomb away without a fight.
23. Naïve reporters are aghast at his remarks, but Obama has already heard this.
THIS SCENARIO EXPLAINS OBAMA’S MOVES and timid rhetoric. IT ALSO CLEARLY DEFINES THE MAN.
I CAN TELL YOU THAT OBAMA HAS NO INTENT ON BOMBING ANYONE EVER AGAIN. HE KNEW THAT CONGRESS WOULD NOT AUTHORIZE THE BOMBING. WE REDICULE BOEHNER, CANTOR ETC, BUT I THINK THEY KNOW THAT WITH AUTHORIZATION TO BOMB SYRIA OM CONGRESS IT WILL PUT OBAMA ON A COLLISION COURSE THAT WILL FORCE HIM TO PUBLICY BACK DOWN TO RUSSIA AND LOOK THE COWARD AND SECONDLY IT REMOVES ANY HINT OF PARTISANSHIP ON THEIR SIDE. WE SHOULD ACTUALLY APPLAUD WHAT THEY DID, AS THEY ARE NOT OPENLY TRYING TO PERSUADE THEIR MEMEBERS.
My friends, from here out it is all down hill. MEANING THAT These are very dangerous times for us. I look for every despot, hoodlum, dictator to now openly confront us. Taiwan, Korea, etc.
I look for our embassies to be attacked openly. Americans working and in schools all over the globe. Why? Because the whole world knows our president is a coward. He will not fight unless we are attacked and even then he will hesitate.
You think the IRanian hostage crisis was bad, we haven’t seen anything yet.
Today I pray for our nation, and with Pope Francis the world. In the end we will withstand people like Obama, and for a time the world will be a different place, but in the end we will be strong and fully free again.
Wasn't he golfing on Martha's Vineyard when the Aug. 21 happened and he did NOTHING until his vacation was over!!!
The Russian bear shows its fangs once again, only this time it has an American fan club.
Now....Nixon bombed Hanoi & Haiphong in 1972 but was VERY careful to avoid hitting Soviet ships or tangling with Soviet aircraft.
FWIW, a nuclear novel from 1958, “Alas Babylon”, predicted World War III would begin in Syria, specifically the Syrian port of Latakia. Chilling parallel?
Same group that voted to bail out the banks in 2008.
And after Putin made his statement, obammy went into the arms of reggie love for consolement
Is there any way we can trade obama for Putin?
One is a real man who defends his country; the other is a wuss who makes excuses for his country.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.