Skip to comments.CDC Gun Research Backfires on Obama
Posted on 09/20/2013 3:54:46 PM PDT by Para-Ord.45
In the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy, President Obama issued a list of Executive Orders. Notably among them, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) was given $10 million to research gun violence.
Here are some key findings from the CDC report, Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence, released in June:
1. Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker:
2. Defensive uses of guns are common:
3. Mass shootings and accidental firearm deaths account for a small fraction of gun-related deaths, and both are declining
4. Interventions (i.e, gun control) such as background checks, so-called assault rifle bans and gun-free zones produce mixed results
5. Gun buyback/turn-in programs are ineffective in reducing crime.
6. Stolen guns and retail/gun show purchases account for very little crime.
7. The vast majority of gun-related deaths are not homicides, but suicides.
(Excerpt) Read more at gunsandammo.com ...
That explains it.
I have the report at work and even if you throw in the gang bangers suicides are still the biggest amount.
10 million dollars needed to look up statistics and compile them into a study on guns?
I am in the wrong line of work.
Thanks Para-Ord.45. But hey, Zero knew that, which is why he handed weapons over to those poor defenseless Mexican druglords.
This data needs to be read into the record of every State and local government lawmaking body with which to hold them accountable for results.
“I would say that the priority is to recognize that urban minority males between say 18-30 are rather disproportionately prone to gun (and other forms of) violence.”
That is the elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about. That would require that liberals admit their policies have been a disaster ever since the “Great Society”.
It’s far easier to talk in platitudes and disarm law abiding citizens.
Frankenswine and upchuck shroomer would require the report to be translated into coloring book or speak n spell format because they’re too stupid to even figure out how velcro works, never mind reading a report meant for adults to understand.
If the were able to read then they would understand the meaning of “Shall not be infringed”.