This was in the Wall Street Journal a few days ago.
I lived near Bob Funk when I lived in OK. Children went to school with his. They were friends.
Bob Funk is the real deal. A kind and generous person and a good businessman.
He is spot on with this.
>>>causing some companies to consider placing their entire workforce on his staffing company’s payroll rather than hiring them themselves...
Zinger ... >>>
And probably causing 0 to claim this company is hiring exceptional numbers of people which not mentioning that the smaller companies are dropping their jobs into the staffing company which means NO GAIN for employment in this circumstance.
Businesses want to delink health care from an employer responsibility. There are better ways to do that than Obamacare.
1) You'll need to find a job through a staffing agency like the on Mr. Funk owns.
2) They take a portion of what you would make as a direct hire, so you're missing out on income.
3) You cannot make ends meet on 29 hrs, so you need a second job through the same, or another staffing agency. Again, a portion of the income from that position goes to the employment agency.
4) You end up working 40-60 hrs a week between the 2 jobs.
5) Your expenses for travel likely go up unless you are fortunate enough to have 2 jobs very close to each other.
6) Without direct hire employees, loyalty, incentive, and quality plummet. Products and services drastically decline.
7) You still have to pay outrageous premiums for substandard healthcare.
Next stop: The United States of Dystopia
My husband already lost his job due to obamacare. Ca’t wait to see how much more we’re going to have to pay for health insurance!