Skip to comments.New online health-insurance marketplaces still not working
Posted on 10/03/2013 9:57:14 PM PDT by Arthurio
Three days after its launch, the new health-insurance marketplace set up under the Affordable Care Act still was not working in the Milwaukee area and Wisconsin.
"We have been having the same issues," Sarah Bailey, a spokeswoman for Progressive Community Health Centers, said Thursday.
Federal officials continued to attribute the problems to the heavy volume of visitors to the healthcare.gov website.
But that explanation has stirred skepticism.
Robert Laszewski, a health policy consultant and former insurance executive, said he tried to access the website at 6 a.m. and at midnight.
"What volume do they have at 6 a.m. and midnight?" he said. "It is not volume."
Read more from JSOnline: http://www.jsonline.com/business/new-online-health-insurance-marketplaces-still-not-working-b99112781z1-226395921.html?ipad=y#ixzz2gj6Eeuuj Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter
(Excerpt) Read more at jsonline.com ...
1. I sign on to either a state or federal exchange on December 31st, 2013 and hopefully before New Years Eve is over, I have successfully enrolled in Obamacare.
2. Beginning in January, 2014 I will send in a monthly premium determined by the type of plan I have selected ..anywhere from $195.00 to $550.00.
3. Then, every time I receive healthcare I will pay an out of pocket expense (a deductible) up to between $3000.00 and $6,000.00 each year.
4. Once I reach the deductible for that year, I only have to make a copay amount that could be between $10.00 and 100.00.
5. Now the good news. Lets assume I am eligible for some subsidies. To receive those subsidies I will only have to wait until I file my federal or state income tax during the first three months of 2015.
Please feel free to add to or correct this process if you feel dont have it quite right. My only disclaimer is the dollar amounts are for illustrative purposes only and the real amounts will vary based on the type of plan you select and individual demographic factors.
I think you summed it up nicely. What a joke Obamacare is a really bad joke at that.
What is funny is that politicians are saying how fantastic it is how out of touch can you be.
Affordable Healthcare Website still nnot working in Milwaukee
FReep Mail me if you want on, or off, this Wisconsin interest ping list.
My campaign? "Obamacare Online - Think of it as Windows 9, only you HAVE TO BUY IT..."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.