Skip to comments.Pisgah Inn closure coverage
Posted on 10/07/2013 7:29:07 AM PDT by DEPcom
Conservative activists are protesting the forced closing of a private North Carolina hotel and restaurant as a casualty of the partial federal government shutdown.
(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ...
Please tell me why should Congress, White House, and Labor Unions get a better deal (Special Treatment) then the average American?
Update: President Obama dropping subsidizes (Special Treatment) for Unions.... Now we need to get rid of the special treatment for certain States, Congress and the White House....
In order for the new Heath Care Program to work everybody has to contribute. No Special Treatment for Unions, Government Workers, and Congress.
The government role is to serve the people not to be above or rule the people. Currently our government is trying to rule the American People.
Because they belong to the Inner Party, and we are just proles. Big Brother knows best.
closed and forced to refund money...
1. If I would have had a reservation I would have told them to keep it.
2. I have been meaning to take a weekend off before my busy season starts. Trust me when I say busy season...I lost 15lbs. last December just working, no diet etc.
Pisgah Inn sounds like a wonderful place to rest, refresh, and plan for the season.
Bar federal employees from state highways while on official business during shutdown.
Conservative activists or what used to be called regular Americans.
In communist Soviet Union the bosses got cars and vacation homes while the proletariat had to double and triple up just to have a roof over their heads. Sort of like today when the kids remain at home because they can not get jobs and afford a home of their own.
October 2nd, 2013
Timberline Lodge Open For Business As Usual During Government Shutdown
There has been some confusion, so well get right to the point. Your visit to Timberline Lodge will not be affected by the current government shutdown. Timberline is operated by a private concessionaire, RLK and Company. Timberline Lodge is a National Historic Landmark, but it is not in a National Park. It is business as usual here folks. Come on up and enjoy!
Just so everyone knows, if you have reservations here and you cancel or we are not able to open back up we will refund all deposits to the card on file in full no penalties or fees at all.
Today is Sunday October 06,2013,
To all of our friends,
We have ceased operations.I am furious all over again. Rangers are guarding our parking lot 24/7 keeping visitors out. It is downright scary. What the heck is going on and how are we all allowing it? My great employees are the ones being hurt. We live in a free country? Really? I call for action now. Enough is enough. DID I MENTION THE BLUERIDGE PARKWAY IS OPEN.OPEN! ONLY THE PISGAH INN A PRIVATE BUSINESS IS CLOSED. WE WOULD HAVE PAID OVER $30,000 INTO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THIS MONTH ALONE. VISITORS ARE DRIVING BY, BUT CANNOT ENTER OUR PARKING LOT. WHY ARE YOU NOT TAKING A STAND? ASK YOURSELF.
Please know that everything we did and are doing is based on our vision....”To ensure that every guest and visitor has a positive experience and memory from their association/visit with Pisgah Inn.”
That was our rationale. No other agenda or hidden purpose played any role in our actions.
Oh, we appreciate all of your support. .
Glad it is getting some coverage. If people find this a bit unbelievable - and deplorable they may just eventually catch on.
Some Animals are more Equal than others.
Note that when private companies run things, things stay open.
Not knowing their political leaning, if any, this is starting to look something like the IRS targeting of conservatives.
the letsmove.GOV....site.....still up and running....
Some Animals are more Equal than others.
Bruce, Just post a notice when you are able to re-open. I will see if I can get a cruise in for lunch. We always like stopping by.
Bar federal employees from any private business. Refuse service.
“Conservative activists or what used to be called regular Americans.”
Also known as Enemies of the State.
It's not going to "work" under any circumstances whatsoever.
It can't - unless we've figured out how to defy things like math and nature.
Let’s rename our southern border the Mexican-American War Memorial, so Obama will put a fence around it.
Reading the history part of their site, it notes at the end
“The present concession’s contract expires in 2013. At that time, a new contract will be drafted. Hopefully, Bruce will continue his tenure watching over this precious resource.”
Makes me wonder if they’re also trying to force him out.
An interesting vantage point indeed.
27. Get up to the top of Pisgah, and lift up your eyes westward, and northward, and southward, and eastward, and behold it with your eyes; for you shall not go over this Jordan:
28. But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him; for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which you shall see:
29. So we remained in the valley opposite Beth-Peor:
Thank you so much for that!
So...by closing the Inn, it is a very symbolic gesture of spite and nastiness on the part of the Lyin’ King.
He is denying us our dying view of the Promised Land.
Like a lot of other things they do that have Biblical significance, they are entirely unaware.
Look up “The Harbinger” for the speeches given following 9/11.
I kept detailed scrapbooks for 5 years after 9/11. I had a feeling that someday, those in power would pretend it never happened, so I documented everything.
It is probably now considered a stash of subversive literature.
In choosing to persecute this particular American business, Beast.gov inadvertantly provides witness that it is *not* the highest authority in the land. Must have to do with the futility of the machinations of the wicked. :)
Yes! But most importantly, see post 27. :) Fedzilla is as short-sighted as it is arrogant. And at the same time, the "Let's Move" site is open for business. Heh, it's like the prison guards prophesying the inevitable escape of the captives. Right out of
5. For there shall be a day, when the watchmen upon Mount Ephraim shall cry, Arise, and let us go up to Zion to the Lord our God:
6. For thus says the Lord; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout on the hilltops of the nations; proclaim, praise, and say, O Lord, save your people, the remnant of Israel:
7. Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the ends of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and she who labors with child together; a great company shall return there:
8. They shall come weeping, and with supplications will I lead them; I will make them walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, where they shall not stumble; for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn:
9. Hear the word of the Lord, O you nations, and declare it in the islands far away, and say, He who scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, like a shepherd keeps his flock:
10. For the Lord has redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him who was stronger than he:
(The idiots truly don't what they are saying when they name their stupid programs.)
I love stuff like that! :-)
You have found and posted even more!
Abundant blessings and thank you so much, dearest Ezekiel.
There were some Tea Party folks at the protest and FReepers
See this thread with DEPcom’s update and an on-scene report by Gritty’s daughter (#78).
Thanks for your work on this and the threads to keep us informed, DEPcom!
The PEOPLE are the government. WE own a lot of property. Let's take it back from the usurpers!