Free Republic
Browse · Search
Topics · Post Article

To: catnipman

That is incorrect information. If you don’t enroll during the enrollment period, you are SOOL.

23 posted on 10/07/2013 11:01:00 AM PDT by marsh2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies ]

To: marsh2

A change in your life that can make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period to enroll in health coverage. Examples of qualifying life events are moving to a new state, certain changes in your income, and changes in your family size (for example, if you marry, divorce, or have a baby).

Enrollment Instructions for Qualifying Life Events

You have 45 calendar days from the date of the qualifying event to add, delete or change health
benefits and/or coverage levels.
Qualifying Events / Family Status Changes
Open enrollment is your opportunity to enroll in or change benefit plans. It occurs once each year
as announced. Once you enroll, you may not change your elections until the next open enrollment
period unless you experience a qualifying life event or family status change. Changes must be
consistent with the event or status change. A qualifying event or family status change is any of
these events:
· Your marriage or divorce, annulment, or legal separation,
· A birth, adoption or change in a child’s custody,
· A change in your or your spouse’s employment status, including part-time, full-time or
· A change in your child’s (age 19 through 25) employment status,
· A change in your or your spouse’s insurance (cost or coverage) from your or your spouse’s
prior employer or insurance carrier,
· An unpaid leave of absence taken by you or your spouse,
· Your dependent child no longer meets the eligibility requirements of a dependent,
· The death of your spouse, domestic partner or child,
· Your relocation out of your plan’s coverage area,
· Your domestic partnership ends, or
· Your spouse’s open enrollment period,
· Change in dependent eligibility due to a plan design change.
If you are affected by a family status change, contact your Benefits Coordinator or the Health &
Benefits Office. You will need to supply written documentation of the qualifying event and complete
an Application for Benefit Enrollment form to change your coverage within 45 days of the event.
You may enroll for coverage or add/drop a dependent from your existing coverage that is consistent
with your family status change to the extent it is necessary or appropriate as a result of the status
change. Such changes must be accompanied by documentation sufficient to verify the event.
However, you cannot change to a different medical plan option until the next open enrollment
period. Failure to notify the Health & Benefits Office in writing within the 45-calendar day period
may result in a loss or delay of coverage for your dependents until the next open enrollment period.
If you should have dropped dependents and did not do so timely, you may be responsible for the
cost of single coverage or claims incurred, whichever is greater.
The enrollment instructions are essentially the same as for newly eligible employees except for the
· No retroactive changes will be made
· Newborns are covered from date of birth once enrolled
· Complete the form with only the changes you are requesting
Participation of individual medical providers and facilities is subject to change without
notice. Any provider or facility change is not a qualifying event to change medical plans.

25 posted on 10/07/2013 11:50:14 AM PDT by catnipman (Cat Nipman: Vote Republican in 2012 and only be called racist one more time!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794 is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson