Skip to comments.DEMOCRATS TO AMERICA: WE OWN THE GOVERNMENT! -- Ann Coulter
Posted on 10/10/2013 7:09:38 AM PDT by Texas Eagle
In the current fight over the government shutdown, Republicans are simply representing the views of the American people.
Americans didn't ask for Obamacare, they don't want it, but now their insurance premiums are going through the roof, their doctors aren't accepting it, and their employers are moving them into part-time work -- or firing them -- to avoid the law's mandates.
Contrary to Obama's promises, it turns out: You can't keep your doctor, you can't keep your insurance -- you can't even keep your job. In other words, it's a typical government program, but this one wrecks your health care.
Also, the president did raise taxes on the middle class in defiance of his well-worn campaign promise not to. Indeed, Obamacare is the largest tax hike in U.S. history.
Among the other changes effected by this law are:
(Excerpt) Read more at anncoulter.com ...
Note 2) Spoiler Alert! Last line of column:
..."the only reason the government is shut down right now is that Democrats refuse to fund the government if they are required to live under Obamacare."
Pass it on.
search has been shut down due to the shut down;
I wonder if conservatives are finally learning that the government shutdown is one of the most conservative accomplishments ever?
1) Much less money is being spent.
2) New government regulations have halted, giving business breathing room to actually run their business instead of being nibbled to “death by ducks”, by bureaucrats.
3) America is getting a clear picture of Obama as a mean “petty tyrant”, having a temper tantrum like a bratty small child in a crowded restaurant. The adults are ignoring him, so he is throwing food at and cursing innocent bystanders.
4) America’s “secret police force” of Interior Department officers are the front line to abusing people, by “only following orders”. This indicates that they, and the others who “only obey orders” to abuse their fellow citizens, need to be looking for work, fired from their jobs and barred from future federal work.
5) The Democrats have come out of the closet as mean, spiteful, bigoted haters and gangsters with foul mouths, who don’t care about America and arrogantly behave like this is a one party state that they rule.
6) By shutting down the government the naked emperor is exposed to the crowd, and so the Democrats may just get massacred in the next election.
7) The Shutdown further reveals that the federal govt has determined that only 6% of the EPA staff is essential!
That is because they realize that this is a thinly disguised plan to ensnare the American people.
For instance, What sense does it make to have a $7000 credit for a person earning $46000 per year? Why not just reduce the cost of the plan by $7000 per year for everybody in that group. That's it.
Whenever the politicians collect money from the citizens, they often return it with strings attached (maybe chains) or they bestow it on favored groups who return it as political donations.
From another posting "Reid vs Gray (Mayor of D.C.)":
"Reid is testy of course because he feels Gray is playing into the hands of House Republicans, who are passing legislation piecemeal to fund the government.
Theyve already approved a bill to let the District spend the money, which comes from its own tax revenues."
"Reid and Obama fear that once they start allowing bills to move, theyll keep coming until everythings funded but Obamacare.
So what Reid is telling Gray is, Youre messing with Barry and Is grand strategy, you ignorant little person.
I do love when politicians reveal themselves. "
The Democrat plan always was to shut down the Country; a governmental hissey-fit ".
Reid is an arrogant little bastage with a Napoleanic Complex who is into power trips, just like the _resident.
My old man, 87 just got a letter from his insurance company. He is going to pay alot more on his fixed income. But he has maternity care now.
It’s true. The Vitter amendment, voted down by the Senate, has made Ann’s punch line true. The only thing keeping the government shut down is the Dems’ refusal to live under Obamacare themselves.
Her annihilation of the “It’s my car!” argument is devastating too. Great column.