Skip to comments.Colorado health insurance exchange releases metrics from opening week
Posted on 10/14/2013 4:00:06 PM PDT by don-o
DENVER Despite some technical problems, thousands of Coloradans signed up for accounts with the new state health insurance marketplace website during its first week, according to metrics released Monday.
Connect for Health Colorado, the marketplace associated with the federal Affordable Care Act, saw 162,941 unique visitors during the period between Oct. 1 and Oct. 7, operators reported. Of those, 18,174 people created accounts.
But only 226 of them actually bought health care plans, covering 305 people in total.
(Excerpt) Read more at kdvr.com ...
Cool!!! Should help force others to release real numbers!!!
A large number of uninsured with preexisting conditions will, even at the high prices.
Amazingly, the CO health insurance exchange cost taxpayers between $100 and $200 million. So far, that’s about $660,000 per person signed up—and that doesn’t include operating costs.
Most people don’t know it. But the CO exchange is supposed to pay its own operating costs by surcharging the policies purchased through the exchange. I think they get two years while the feds are paying operating cost and after that, they are on their own.
This is an even more devastating indictment of Obamacare. Even if the computer glitches are fixed and the wait time small for those calling in, the number of those enrolling is pitifully small.
Actually you can go directly to the insurance companies and purchase the same policies. You just would not be eligible for the subsidies on the front end.
Awesome!!!! Obamacare is a blazing success after all!!!
I’ve been tracking Obamacare enrollments pretty closely. I know that the 6-month goal for enrollments is 7,000,000.
I have been assuming that this was 7,000,000 policies. I’m now thinking this should be 7,000,000 people.
Does anyone know for sure?
The people who will be forced to sign up were healthy, moderate income people who avoided health insurance previously. The poor always had health options, as did the rich. This is as per the Forbes article posted nearby. It is a classic ‘share the wealth’ program to designed to have those without health care subsidize those with low income who need health care. Of course, as with everything designed by the government, there will still be a massive shortfall.
$21M / 305 insured = ~ $69,000 per insured person.....
Bet they’d take the ad cash over the O’care coverage!
If we can make a difference in the life of just one child...
Then it will be all worth the cost.(major /S)
The devastating number I see is that 18,174 people out of 162,941 unique visitors created accounts. That’s 11%. The other 89% gave up or said no way.
226 / 162,941 is 0.1%.
Obamacare wiped out, eliminated ALL of the High Risk Pools which used to be available in nearly every State. Those people have had NO options for months now.
an actuarial nightmare —
It would be fun to know how many of those who signed up actually have to pay for their insurance.
No sweat. At that rate we'll all be signed up no later that early January 3146.
Heck, I'm one of the "unique visitors" to the website...even though I (thankfully) am already covered by my employer and have no need to use Obamacare, I was curious how much it would cost.
The least expensive Bronze plan would have me paying around double what I currently pay, with far less benefits.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.