Here are the links to the events:
Virginia Beach Rally With Rand Paul
Fairfax Virginia Rally with Rand Paul
Here is the main website if you’d like to check out other events. Sign up to volunteer find local campaign offices to get materials/signs. Don’t wait for someone to call you just go in.
I hope Cuccinelli can pull it out. I confess I don’t know all that much about him. I know more than I need to about Terry “Bagman” McAullife, though.
Too late. Libertarians are going to elect another democrat. That’s all they’ ever accomplish.
Real conservatives in the Republican Party are pretty much independents, they know they cannot expect any help from the GOPe and the Republican apparatus.
Is Cuccinelli a Red Ink Republican?
Is he a Democrats Republican like McCain always is?
Is he a committed Cave-In RINO like Boehner always is?
Sarvis is a pro-tax, pro-Medicaid expansion, fake Liberatarian. A LINO.
We just gave on his website. Thanks for the information. This is the kind of person we all need to support.
We helped Gov. Walker in Wisconsin and that pushed back against the Libs. We need to do the same in Virginia !
Hope he wins!
There are few if any better republicans than Cuccinelli.
Good for Rand.
In response to some of the comments here:
1. KC is very conservative but to date has run what I think has been a lackluster campaign. He has allowed himself to be defined by McAwful.
2. I really don’t like this idea that any gop candidate, even KC, is somehow “owed” votes. He isn’t. Robert Sarvis has every right to run. If the gop/’rat candidates don’t get as many votes as a result then tough cookies.
3. Robert Sarvis has run a very good campaign. That’s why he is getting an unusual number of votes. And there is certainly a lot of gop/’rat campaign fatigue here. I don’t think that Robert Sarvis is necessarily drawing from KC’s numbers any more than McAwful’s. There are a lot of people who self-identify as libertarian in VA and here we have a well-spoken, talented candidate who is running a very effective campaign for it’s size.
4. Both KC and McAwful have spent an incredible amount on this campaign. I read that it was over $40 mil between the two of them. For a state of 8 mil people, of which maybe 1-2 mil will show up to vote.
5. Finally, the thing that I find most disappointing about this race is how often KC has in effect run away from himself. An example of this was when Ted Cruz came to campaign for him. KC wouldn’t even appear on stage with Ted Cruz. Even though Ted Cruz was taking time out of his day to campaign for him and endorse him. KC has a really good record as a conservative yet it seems that rather than embrace that, he has tried to distance himself from it. Which would lead anyone to question really how sincere he is about his conservative views.
Upshot for me is that I’ll be voting for E.W. Jackson. A fine and unapologetic conservative for LT Governor. I’ll also be voting for Mark Obenshain for AG. Another fine and unapologetic conservative. While I happen to be there I might or might not vote for Ken Cuccinelli.
Cuccinelli is solid enough that I’d vote for him. That being said, if this was John McCain or Lindsey Graham I’d be making a statement.
Don’t the Libertarians just take liberal votes away from the Democrats?
Usually, I’d call RP a sellout. But Cuccinelli is the first intelligent VA GOP politician since Jim Miller and Sarvis is the dumbest sounding Libertarian I can think of.