Representative Steve Stockman is running against Cornyn Ping!
Apparently Stockman left lightweights in the race for his House seat. Not good. What do the once popular Demos have in SE TX?
Is this unknown Phil Fitzgerald then the rep.-elect from the district?
Where do I send money?
“Uh, why am I here?!??!??”....
Excellent news. Stockman has a real shot. We do need a solid conservative to replace him in the House though. Any info from his district?
Nothing to stop James White from running still is there?
Bevin, Brannon, Bright, Carr, Maness, McDaniel, Sasse, Stockman
Nobody can say us conservatives didn’t have the candidates to vote for and support going into 2014. If we can get even half of these elected, we will have sent the establishment home crying.
Take the senate back from Dingy Harry. Take the Republican Party back from the RINOS.
SCF’s new strategy fundraising HQ is up and running, with four of the above candidates already endorsed.
Let us know how we can help your Primary Campaign.
BTW, be sure and run some ads showing Senator “To-Hell-with-the-people-who-voted-for-me” Cornyn at his RINO Establishment finest !
” - - - Stockman said he decided to run because he believes Cornyn undermined Sen. Ted Cruzs fight to stop Obamacare. More from that article:
WND asked: What makes you think you can beat this entrenched incumbent?
I dont know that I can beat him, but I am sure going to try, he said, adding that he thinks he has a shot because, In Texas, conservative policies win over stabbing fellow Republicans in the back. - - - - “
Surprise. It was the last day of filing. Cornyn doesn’t get off without a serious challenger after all.
I’m sure it set off a mad scramble for Stockman’s safe house seat. Poltics1 lists 6 Republican candidates. And the only rat is the 2012 Libertarian nominee.
I am going to send him some of the money that I QUIT SENDING to the gop/e! Miss me yet boys?
I continue to be amazed how well informed people can so totally misread and fail to understand Steve Stockman.
1) He is the real deal. He is a close ally of Louie Gohmert. I’ve worked for and with Steve since 1988. He used to be president of the Young Conservatives of Texas while Reagan was president.
2) Steve waited until the last minute for a few reasons:
- see if Gohmert was going to declare
- keep his plans secret until it was too late for somebody else to enter the senate race targeting him.
- this is strategy
3) Regarding strategy - the goal for conservatives is to force a run-off — that is the only way to beat Cornyn. Steve’s entry makes the primary higher profile and brings lots of energy. Even if he falls short, now you have more candidates beating up on Cornyn. All we need is a good conservative in the run-off against Cornyn and he will be defeated.
4) Regarding tipping others for his seat - That undermines the strategy. The goal is to win. You don’t do that by blowing up your strategy on day one. Steve was targeted by establishment RINOs. Their whole strategy just fell apart since Steve is no longer where they are shooting. There are plenty of people in the race and the seat will stay Republican. Takach or White can run next time to remove the RINO or lightweight...1 of 435 is not as big of deal. The real whiners here are the ones who never liked Steve and/or had their own agenda (pushing White).
For years, conservatives complained nobody on our side plays hard ball. Steve plays hard ball and now some are whining and moaning he didn’t give the RINOs a chance to overwhelm him with millions. If you want to telegraph all your plans to Rove in plenty of time for him to foil them, go ahead. Steve isn’t giving Rove a chance.
He is a warrior on immigration. Very politically incorrect...a bad bad boy
“We dont look to the government to bail us out every time we get into a bind Somebody said that the Republican party needs to be the party of legal immigration, and I kind of like the way that was put.”
That was his friend Rubio who wants amnesty and massive legal immigration.
Coming from Cornyn that means amnesty for some illegals and massive increases in documented Democrats.
This just reported today on Politics1:
TX CD-36: Due to Cong Steve Stockman (R) last min entry into US Sen race, per state law, the CD-36 filing period is extended until Dec 16.
So serious candidates have 5 days additional to file, presumable this will give State Rep. James White his entrée.