Skip to comments.We can’t dissent against 'new gay orthodoxy’, says Christian charity [UK]
Posted on 12/10/2013 1:07:50 PM PST by markomalley
Gay and lesbian rights activists are seeking to be the new moral enforcers and it is Christian religious conservatives who now need protection to be allowed to dissent against the new orthodoxy, it was claimed. Core Issues Trust, a Christian charity, is challenging a ban on its London bus advertisement reading: Not Gay! Ex-Gay, Post-Gay and Proud. Get over it! It was a response to a bus poster campaign by gay rights group Stonewall carrying the message: Some people are gay. Get over it!
Paul Diamond, for the charity, told appeal judges that at the heart of the case was the ironical situation in modern British society where ancient Biblical scriptures, which played an important role in forming the nations morals, were now in danger of containing views which could no longer be expressed in a land with a reputation for free speech.
Mr Diamond said Christian scriptures only permitted sexual relationships between one man and one woman in marriage and people should be entitled to express that view. He said the case raised the question: Is the belief that homosexuality is a sin worthy of respect in a democratic society?
The charity accuses the Mayor of London Boris Johnson of unlawfully using his position as chairman of Transport for London (TfL) to obtain the ban in order to secure the gay vote and advance his 2012 re-election campaign.
(Excerpt) Read more at telegraph.co.uk ...
Turn out the lights, you’re finished.
As socialist as England has become this is no great shock. However, the same thing can easily happen here in America. Christian-owned businesses that refuse to participate - via their services - at a ‘gay wedding’ are sued - and the Christians lose. ‘Discrimination’ don’t you know. Possibly a ‘hate’ crime in the making!
You’re living in the new North Korea. What did you expect?
The crazy thing about those “hate crimes” with regards to gay wedding cakes and gay wedding photography, at least one case working its way through the courts was prosecuted in a state which does not legally recognize same sex marriages.
Unelected paperpushers are taking it upon themselves to expand the definition of marriage where the legislatures and the voters have refused to do so.
Someone better tell
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
homosexuality is sin
that is all
Truth does not need the respect of any society.
“Turn out the lights, youre finished.”
Understand your reasoning, 2ndDivisionVet; however, I still believe that my British cousins have enough Oomph and thick bark to stomp the local politically correct cops into the concrete.