Skip to comments.U.S. plan gives Jerusalem holy sites to Vatican
Posted on 12/16/2013 9:52:19 AM PST by SkyPilot
U.S. plan gives Jerusalem holy sites to Vatican
International mandate to control sections of Israel's capital
TEL AVIV Secretary of State John Kerry quietly presented a U.S. plan for eastern Jerusalem that calls for an international administrative mandate to control holy sites in the area, according to informed Palestinian and Israeli diplomatic sources.
The exact composition of the international mandate is up for discussion, the sources said, but Kerrys plan recommended a coalition that includes the Vatican, together with a group of Muslim countries such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
The international arrangement is being proposed as a temporary solution for about two to three years while security arrangements in Jerusalem between Israelis and Palestinians are finalized, said the sources.
Israel, the sources said, was not receptive to the particulars of Kerrys plan, especially the concept of Turkish participation in Jerusalem. Kerry told the Israelis he would hold talks with the Kingdom of Jordan about its playing a leading role in the proposal in the place of Turkey, the sources added.
Kerry was in Jerusalem on Friday as part of an Obama administration effort to reach a deal for a Palestinian state by April, a timeline that is still on track, Kerry told reporters.
We are working on an approach that both guarantees Israels security and fully respects Palestinian sovereignty, Kerry added.
According to the Israeli and Palestinian diplomatic sources speaking to WND, Kerrys trip this time around focused specifically on the particulars of security arrangements for the strategic Jordan Valley following a deal.
(Excerpt) Read more at wnd.com ...
Check this out.
... and some people wonder how those Jewish guys who wrote the Bible could have been so smart .....
Frankie’s gonna spread the wealth, fer sher.
If it was not Whirled Nuts, I’d be concerned, as this is the kind of stupid idea Kerry probably has.
IJoel 3:2, the Lord says: I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations; and they have divided up My land.
Somebody should explain to John Kerry that Tom Clancy novels are actually fiction, not proposals.
Why would the Jews be any more interested in giving their holy sites over to Christianity than Islam? Kerry has no clue.
Kerry continued to embarrass USA and himself. What more could he do to demean himself? Maybe take a nice big hose and pull down his pants and .... ? ( Or just pay a visit to his boss’ favorite Chicago bath house ?)
I believe Jack Ryan came up with this idea 20 years ago in a Tom Clancey novel.
The preterist response.
Psst...John...Did you shower today?
No doubt he is ready to hand over control of Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo and San Francisco’s Little Japan to Japan.
Typical liberal, he is ready to hand over A’s stuff to B.
This of course explains why Obama is closing the US embassy at the Vatican...HUH??????
How many troops does the Pope have to enforce this mandate.
John Kerry the traitor strikes again.
Israel better keep what they have.
For the record, this Catholic (me) is solidly against this.
1. To my knowledge, Israel has always accomodated Christians at these sites. But try to bring a bible to Bethlehem (under Muslim control) and you are in serious trouble.
2. The Vatican does not have the military means to maintain control. This essentially hands them over to the muslims.
3. Most importantly, we have no business, at all, dictating what Israel has to do with its land.
I figured one day this would probably happen.
All the nations of the world will seek to force Israel to accept this ‘peace’ plan.
Interestingly enough, this was already suggested by Franco’s Spain almost 50 years ago.
Yes Virginia, there really is a Satan clause.
You Know You’re a Preterist if:
1) You think that ‘Satan must just be bound with a very long chain.’ Revelation 20:1-3)
3) You and Skeptics actually agree on something but draw entirely different but equally wrong conclusions. (2 Peter 3:3,4)
4) You think the Epistles and Revelation are only history books.
5) You think you are from the tribe of Joseph-Us (Revelation 7:8)
6) You think the Destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 was worse than the Holocaust. (Matthew 24:21)
7) You’ve Never Read or believed Zechariah (Zechariah 12-14)
8) You think that the works of Josephus are actually part of scripture.
9) If you agree with, If the plain sense makes sense, seek some other sense, lest you rightly dispense. (2 Timothy 2:15)
11) When Things Get Hot, you with the Christian Scientists declare’This Ain’t happenin man!’
12) When Jesus actually comes back you just dismiss it as some kind of elaborate Hollywood Publicity Stunt. (Zechariah 14:4ff)
13) You Think that R.C. Sproul and Hank Hannegraff are a few of the early Church Fathers. (Zechariah 14:4ff)
14) You Didn’t have children because you thought that wasn’t allowed in the New Heaven and New Earth. (Zechariah 14:4ff) (Mark 12:25)
15) You thought the Catholic/Preterist Luis de Alcasar was forming an entirely new movement called Preterism when making his anti-reformation argument. (Zechariah 14:4ff)
16) You actually think things are getting better and that the new Super Walmart in your neighborhood is one of the perks of the New Millenium. (Zechariah 14:4ff)
17) You think that the only time we should take Christ seriously is when He says,’Verily’.
18) You Think Christ came back when they weren’t looking.
(Revelation 1:7;Matthew 24:27,30; Zechariah 12:10ff)
19) Christian Television rightly irritates you but for all the wrong reasons. (i.e because many of the shows are pre-millenial, that is what irritates you....”fishtank comment”)
20) You thought the microchip in your right hand was actually for your shopping convenience. (Revelation 13:8)
(From Carl in Jerusalem)
"You will recall that back in October, the Ministerial Committee on Legislation adopted a private member's bill offered up by MK Yaakov Litzmann (UTJ) that would require the prior approval of 80 of the Knesset's 120 members for the government to negotiate the dividing of Jerusalem. 'Justice' minister Tzipi Livni, who is Israel's 'chief negotiator,' and who would like nothing more than to give away some of those Haredi neighborhoods in 'east' Jerusalem, appealed the vote, preventing the bill from reaching the Knesset floor. On Sunday, the bill passed again, and this time it should reach the full Knesset."
So, if it does reach the full Knesset it will in all likelihood be approved given that it will get the support of the Orthodox parties in opposition, and then Livni will need a super-majority n the Knesset to continue. Good luck with that.
And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
Well God is an army of one
I guess this explains why we close down our State Dept relations with the Vatican????
Psst...John...Did you shower today?
No....I’m really French at heart
Careful,...there might be some Jesuits around..
Obama-Kare For Jooz......
Now that Dear Leader has America squared away he has decided to give Israel the benefit of his attention.
Hmmm...seems like this was President Jack Ryan’s plan in one of Tom Clancy’s books, with the Swiss Guards acting as enforcers.
No doubt God is an Army of one, but he didn’t show up during the Holocaust and so far he hasn’t shown up in the Middle east where Christians are dying.
I am sure he has his reasons, but meanwhile if Israel wants to have peace in Jerusalem they better be sure to secure it themselves.
Yep, mentioned over a decade ago in a video released before 9/11. It all pretty much fits.
Hmmm! So the Vatican sets up a satellite office in Jerusalem ey? How interesting.
“If you like your holy city you can keep your holy city - period...”
LOL Thats pretty much the Preterist view isnt it.
God sure as hell did show up it took a while but he showed up along with the best generation this country has ever seen !!!
Post of the day
The vatican owns the land the Knesset is built on.
guess Bibi really has no balls to save his country.
Look up your redeemer draweth nigh
Interesting. Didn’t know that.
~~~20) You thought the microchip in your right hand was actually for your shopping convenience. (Revelation 13:8)~~~
I’ve met several face-to-face whom I think would actually believe that. They absolutely rejected any form that presented that period prior to the actual Second Coming. I gave up with them.
“The vatican owns the land the Knesset is built on.”
The RCC is the largest landowner (outside of the government) in Israel. A lot of it is commercial stuff done for investment purposes, not religious.
This was proposed in a best selling novel almost 30 years ago.
Yes, I know that. The only reason I mentioned the Knesset is because it is the seat of Israeli government.
The only reason I know is there are routine big fights about taxes .... taxes lower or non-existent for religious structures and gifts, but you pay normal property taxes for commercial properties and pay profit taxes on rent.
Anyway, there are a lot of mixed use properties -— apartments, typically, where there is priest housing, but they also rent rooms for profit -— and variations on this theme -— banquet hall for hire or church sanctuary, parking lot used on Sunday for church and rented the other 6 days, etc.
It’s like a never ending lawsuit as the tax man over-reaches and the taxed cheat.
“The international arrangement is being proposed as a temporary solution for about two to three years...”
Two, three, maybe seven, who knows?