Skip to comments.5 reasons why Obamacare is still a problem for 2014 Democrats
Posted on 12/28/2013 5:47:43 PM PST by entropy12
The White House's desperate attempts to stem the political fallout from Obamacare may not be enough for the Democrats to hold onto the Senate.
FORTUNE -- The 2014 mid-term elections are looming, and swing-state Democrats are nervous. Meanwhile, the White House is scrambling to minimize its Obamacare-inflicted hardships on Americans through a growing list of exemptions and delays. Will it be enough to keep the Senate in Democratic hands?
(Excerpt) Read more at finance.fortune.cnn.com ...
Typical Democrat moves to refocus the public from the Leftist disaster at hand. In this case Obamacare.
Obamacare polls the highest negative currently. Don’t let the enemy distract us. Stay on the winning issue. Reid and democrats are trying to change the subject. Do not be fooled.
Of course the Republicans may not run a conservative and the lack of alternative could give a Hillary the Presidency. But during her run they should ask if there should be a repeal of Obamacare.
They point to CA as being a great example of it, but all we did here was sign up the takers, none of the payers have added themselves.
When I was in college, and this was awhile ago, my parents paid a reasonable fee to the University health system so I could be treated at the Med Center if I got the flu. When did all this get so out of hand. Now many colleges and universities won’t let you take one evening course without showing proof of insurance coverage which can be prohibitively expensive for working people trying to better themselves by taking evening classes.
Yes, definitely we don’t need another mealy mouthed McCain or Romney, both afraid to call out Obama. We need a candidate who is fearless, pushes conservative issues relentlessly without backing down such as opposition to amnesty to illegals. The country club republicans can never win against an Alinsky trained community organizer or a born liar who can’t recall any of the misdeeds of Whitewater and Rose law firm.
But somehow, I don't think Hillary will be the nominee.
Many reasons! Some of them are:
1. lack of competition from outside of states or even country. Only state approved insurers can sell you insurance.
2. No tort reform...requires practice of defensive medicine.
3. No importation of pharmaceuticals allowed.
4. Way too much paper work required in doctor’s office. My wife knows this first hand, she has spent a lifetime as a medical biller. In her current job 2 doctors and 6 workers in the office to handle mainly paper work.
5. Health insurers are allowed unlimited and unregulated increases in premiums charged, unlike utility rates, in spite of monopolistic practices by forbidding competition from outside your state.
Here's their wishful thinking :
1) Once the website works people will realize what a great deal it is
2) Come January 1 when people are *covered* they wont like the GOP threatening to take it away
3) Unemployment comp, minimum wage and voter suppression (ie voter IDs)
will be the issues that bring Dems victory again.
“Husseincare is old news.”
Actually it IS old news, old like Hitlery. ObamaCare is a warmed over version of HitleryCare that she who must not be named tried to put in place back in 1992 or 93. God help us if she follows ODork in the White Hut.
Take average or mean income ans ask Dingy why does he deserve over over double that?
The ‘Rat lite GOP will do nothing.
I have a solution Harry, you and Obama and Soros give ME some of YOUR ducking money.