Skip to comments.Schumacher's condition improves
Posted on 12/31/2013 5:47:47 AM PST by mykroar
Former motor racing champion Michael Schumacher's condition has improved slightly after an operation to relieve pressure on his brain, his doctors have said.
A new scan taken overnight showed signs that he was "better than yesterday", but he was still "not out of danger", doctors said.
The seven-time Formula 1 champion suffered head injuries on Sunday in a skiing accident in the French Alps.
He was put in a medically-induced coma.
An initial scan on Monday night showed "an improved situation" and indicated a window of opportunity for a second operation, doctors said.
The family took the "difficult decision" to give consent for the procedure, and doctors operated on Schumacher for about two hours.
A subsequent scan revealed a "slight improvement".
"We can't say he is out of danger but... we have gained a bit of time,'' said Dr Jean-Francois Payen. "The coming hours are crucial.
(Excerpt) Read more at bbc.co.uk ...
I saw a report where a ‘journalist’ dressed as a priest to gain access to Michael’s room. What a jrk.
Wish those actions had consequences, as in a severe beating.
Would like to see that guy charged,evil what he did.
His wife should sue the SOB big time.
Have always been in awe of Schumachers
talent in driving those cars.
Prayers for his recovery.
- Relatively new SCCA sportscar racedriver Paul Newman in his aging TR6 #75 (bought from 5- time Nationl Champion Bob Tullius’ Group 44) at about 12.40 minutes in this long Triumph You-Tube video - squeezes out a close amazing victory against the new “Group 44” TR7
- Many years 75 year old Paul Newman won his class in a Ferrari GTB at Daytona
Beer & Pizza & Salads - whatta diet Paul -
- Not too shabby for a Westport CT liberal
Enjoyed that video,thanks.
Those Newman Haas cars..good memories.
Paul Newman was a darn good driver of
- Newman sure surprised Group 44 too
- Check believe he made an Indy 500 movie too -
actors that were racers too; their movies were about:
Steve McQueen - LeMans
James Garner - Formula 1
Paul Newman - Indy