Skip to comments.5 Disasters Yet To Come With Obamacare
Posted on 01/14/2014 5:20:00 AM PST by Kaslin
Obamacare had the worst debut since the Titanic. The website was non-functional for weeks, the back-end still isn't fully built out, whole states have had minimal numbers of people signing up, countless Americans have been cut back from full-time work to part-time, millions lost their insurance, and Obama has been illegally changing the law every other day like some sort of banana republic dictator. In other words, Obamacare has been a rolling train wreck that has shown Barack Obama's promises about the law to be nothing but lies while proving the conservatives who said the Affordable Care Act was a disaster 100% right.
Now, here's the really scary thing: as you're about to see, the worst is yet to come.
1) Skyrocketing Insurance Prices: You think your insurance is expensive now? Well, just wait, because Obamacare is going to send the cost of medical care shooting into the sky like a rocket out of a trampoline factory. How could it be otherwise? People are now forced to buy more insurance than they need. Are you an 80 year old woman? Sorry, but Barack Obama still thinks you need maternity care and that costs more money. Moreover, it costs a lot of money to pay for the new regulations and massive federal bureaucracy that has been put in place for the law. After all, somebody has to pay the salary of the IRS agents who'll now be harassing you about your medical bills. Furthermore, that alcoholic junky who needs a liver transplant and round the clock care after he got high on meth and slammed his head into a cement wall? He's paying the same rate as you are now, which means both of you pay a lot more. Guess who got the better of that deal? Hint: If you're reading this, there's about a 99.9% chance it's not you.
2) Insurance Company Bailouts: While Democrats were telling the Occupy Wall Street crowd to support Obamacare in order to stick it to the insurance companies, Obama was actually giving those same companies the sweetheart deal of a lifetime behind the scenes. In return for supporting Obamacare, they got to charge more, Obama promised to use the IRS to force more Americans to sign up for their services, and best of all, he promised them a bailout if something goes wrong. In other words, if they don't make a killing off of all the new customers Obama is forcing to buy their service, Obama will make up the difference with your tax dollars. So now that Obamacare looks like a money loser for the insurance companies, Democrats are preparing to pay off the insurance companies directly with your tax dollars. How did we end up in a world where the same liberals who incessantly complain about fatcat insurance companies are now demanding that we give them billions of dollars because they made bad business decisions?
3) The Employer Mandate: There's a reason Barack Obama delayed the employer mandate and will probably delay it again next year. Depending on the estimates you believe, somewhere between 25-80 million Americans are going to lose the health insurance they have through their employer once it goes into effect. Now you're probably saying, "Holy 'if you like your plan, you can keep it, Batman, that's horrible, but to liberals, that's ultimately a feature of the plan, not a bug. The more people who lose their health care, the more people who will want to sign up for the Obamacare exchanges and the more likely it is that the law is to be viable long term. Ultimately, Barack Obama is fine with lying to the American people; he just doesn't want them to find out they were deceived right before an election.
4) Doctor Shortages: According to a survey done by the Doctor Patient Medical Association, 83% of doctors, "have considered leaving their practices over President Barack Obamas health care reform law." Some of them are going to quit while others will merely cut back their hours or refuse to see new patients. Whatever the case may be, it means that even if you have health care, it may be difficult to find a doctor to treat you. If and when you do, you're going to find doctors who have even less time to spend per patient, nurses doing tasks doctors used to handle, foreign doctors with inferior training who've been brought in to fill the gap, and dramatically increased waits for surgeries. There will be people who would get surgery for painful, but non-life threatening injuries within a week today who will spend months waiting in agony down the road. If there were any justice, they would all be people who voted for Obama, but unfortunately the rest of us will have to pay the same excruciating price for their gullibility.
5) Death Panels: Liberals have moved from claiming that death panels don't exist to admitting that they're built into the law and saying that they're a good thing. As Time Magazine's senior political analyst Mark Halperin admitted, "It's built into the plan. It's not like a guess or like a judgment. That's going to be part of how costs are controlled." So, yes, there are going to be Americans who die because it's cheaper than spending the money needed to save them. What was it Barack Obama said again? Oh, yes, "Maybe youre better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller." The scary thing about that is unelected bureaucrats who are indifferent to whether you live or die -- not you or your doctor-- will be the ones deciding whether an expensive treatment makes you "better off."
This is my one quibble with this article. I don't think these bureaucrats are going to be indifferent. They are going to actively manage access to reward political allies and punish opponents and to reduce populations that are too expensive or oppose the Obama Regime.
#6. Single Payer
“They are going to actively manage access to reward political allies”
Gee, what would make you come up with such an incredible comment like that? Sarcasm off.
This bunch of state is supremists need be taken down, and quickly or this is going to look like N. Korea in 20 years.
Section 1311(h)(1)(B) gives the Secretary of HHS blanket authority to dictate how doctors treat patients. Not just patients in government programs like Medicare and Medicaid, but patients with private plans they pay for themselves.
On Dec. 2, 2013, we learned from the Federal Register that the rules are now being written. Starting in 2015, insurance companies will be barred from doing business with doctors who fail to comply.
More than half the cost of O/Care's so-called "senior entitlement" scam is subsidized by actually restricting and rationing senior care---by cutting what hospitals, doctors, hospice care, home care and Advantage plans are paid to care for seniors.
THE CUTS ARE NO ACCIDENT: "Tolerant and compassionate" Obama knows that the most expensive h/care is delivered the last three years of life.......
Sen Harry Reid, 74, recently said that enrolling in O/Care costs him about $4,500 more than before. But Harry says that's OK b/c the increase is "age-related.
(Sniffle) "Tolerant and compassionate" Obama knows that the most expensive h/care is delivered the last three years of life...so oldsters HAVE to pay more (sob).
Heck, socking Harry w/ a massive increase could even save money. For sure, decrepit Sen Harry will necessitate expensive medical care for diseases of old age including the ones he's being treated for now--- senility, Alzheimer's, dementia, arthritis, osteoarthritis, heart problems, heart attacks, stroke, kidney failure, prostate enlargement, osteoporosis (brittle bones)....etc.
Course, just in case ol' Harry hangs in there, Obamacare's I-PAB kicks in to ration medical care when stubborn old buzzards like Harry insist on getting more healthcare than his lousy $4500 per month entitles him to.
Harry's dam lucky he represents Nevada. If he represented Alaska, the cheapest way to off him would be to park him on an ice floe w/ the rest of the older, sick Eskimos----floating out into the frigid Arctic Ocean wearing a sealskin coat, bearskin shorts, and a pair of mukluks.
State partially controlled Medical Insurance is Socialism, where competition is allowed.
State totally controlled Medical Insurance is Communism, where competition is not allowed.
Socialist Medical Insurance constitutes a partial violation of US Anti-Trust Laws.
Communist Medical Insurance constitutes a full violation of US Anti-Trust Laws.
Senator Harry Reid supports a single payor Medical Insurance system, totally controlled by the US Federal Government.
Revolt is coming.
Obamacare - It’s like putting Benedict Arnold in charge of the Titanic.
this is the cold slap in the face the majority of stupid people need in America. But alas, it’s too late to do anything about it. SCOTUS caved, Reps have no balls, so who can stop it? Only another American revolution.
There iis a goal here. The destruction of the middle class.
Agreed. It's amazing how so few people even get this. It won't be blatant either. It'll be along the lines of ,"....yeah Mr Tea party activist, we're working on getting that pacemaker for you....there are just a few more forms we'll need.". Maybe it'll be you getting sent to a nurse practitioner instead of a doctor , because you live in a red state and doctors don't seem to get reimbursed in your state as quickly or as much as doctors practicing in the inner cities.
The potential for abuse is unlimited.
And they will **** up single payer as badly as they have ****** up ObongoCare. Probably worse.
“If there were any justice, they (people who have wait months for operations that used to be available in days) would all be people who voted for Obama, but unfortunately the rest of us will have to pay the same excruciating price for their gullibility.