Skip to comments.Ted Cruz urges Texans to join fight against Obamacare
Posted on 01/20/2014 1:20:36 PM PST by SoConPubbie
Ted Cruz continued his campaign against the national healthcare law Friday, calling on Texans to rise up and join a grassroots movement to try to repeal the program.
This time, he took his argument to a group of local businesspeople, saying it’s time for change.
“How do we repeal Obamacare?” he asked a crowd of nearly 300 people gathered for a Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce luncheon at the Petroleum Club. “It will come from millions and millions of people rising up and saying” that it doesn’t work.
He likened such a movement to a late 1970s push that ultimately ushered in the Reagan revolution.
Cruz said he believes it can happen because he has seen Americans protest everything from the use of drones to various gun control proposals during the past year.
“People are rising up, saying, ‘We want to get back … to principles,’ ” Cruz told the crowd gathered for the chamber’s Leaders in Government Series. “I’m trying to empower the people.”
Several local Republican leaders attended, including U.S. Reps. Kay Granger of Fort Worth and Michael Burgess of Lewisville, state Sen. Kelly Hancock of North Richland Hills and state Rep. Craig Goldman of Fort Worth.
Cruz, a Tea Party favorite seen as a potential Republican presidential candidate in 2016, has drawn national attention for constantly criticizing the Obama administration and the healthcare law.
Last year, he became known particularly for a more than 21-hour speech about why the healthcare law needs to be defunded — as well as for his efforts to link funding the government to not providing financial backing for the law.
He was denounced by top leaders in his own party for what they called a “fool’s errand” and by Democrats for bringing the economy close to collapse. He has said Republicans lost the government shutdown battle because his party didn’t stand strong.
(Excerpt) Read more at star-telegram.com ...
Ted Cruz Ping!
If you want on/off this ping list, please let me know.
Please beware, this is a high-volume ping list!
Obama’s Mentor; Saul Alinsky
“How to create a social state”
by Saul Alinsky
There are 8 levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state.
The first is the most important.
1) Healthcare Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income)
6) Education Take control of what people read and listen to take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools
8) Class Warfare Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
“Remember the Alamo!”
Boehner is the key to the 2014 Impeachment of B. Hussein Obama.
As long as Obama can keep Boehner on as Speaker of the House, Obamas job is in safe and loyal hands.
The cowardly House RINOs fear Boehner, and thus keep Boehner on as Speaker.
Thus, the basic problem of stopping Boehner from running with Devil Obama lies squarely with the cowardly House RINOs.
The GOP Cave In on the amnesty for illegal alien invaders from Mexico bill to Devil Obama avoids having to enforce existing Federal Border Laws, a consistent goal of the Democrat Party from 1986 onward.
The GOP Establishment will always avoid any conflict with their betters, - - - the Democrat Politicians.
Boehner is dedicated to giving aid and comfort to the illegal alien invaders from Mexico, and America is the worse for it.
If politicians stand for nothing then they will fall for anything.
To make a difference, you have to have a difference.
Is Boehner resisting or running with the Devil Obama?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.