Skip to comments.The UN says China is best at fighting climate change
Posted on 01/22/2014 10:34:28 AM PST by Para-Ord.45
John Robson isn't a climate scientist, nor does he claim to be. But he's a very smart, reasonable guy. On Friday's Byline show ( see video at link ) he presented a layman's overview of the history of the Earth's climate in relation to CO2 and the chaotic nature of the climate system.
John's main points were:
(1) historically, temperature is completely uncorrelated with atmospheric CO2 levels
(2) atmospheric concentrations of CO2 have been far above today's level for most of the planet's history (more than 20 times higher at one point)
(3) today's CO2 concentrations are near historic lows
(4) the earth's average global temperature today is well below historic averages
(5) the climate system is chaotic, sometimes unstable and generally unpredictable
(6) UN "Climate Change Convention Executive Secretary", Christiana Figueres (channeling Justin Trudeau's admiration of China), is a dope.
( HT JR at: http://jr2020.blogspot.ca/2014/01/robsons-excellent-overview-of-earths.html )
(Excerpt) Read more at sunnewsnetwork.ca ...
Father of chaos theory explains why it is impossible to predict weather & climate beyond 3 weeks
An article published today in the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society may be the last interview with the father of chaos theory, MIT professor Dr. Edward Lorenz, and has essential implications for climate modelling. In the 2007 interview, Dr. Lorenz confirms that chaos theory proves that weather and climate cannot be predicted beyond the very short term [about 3 weeks], and that even with today's state-of-the-art observing systems and models, weather [or climate] still cannot be predicted even 2 weeks in advance.
The U.N. is full of it.
Really? The answer to climate change is choking your cities so full of pollution that you can't see or breathe?
More proof that the UN is Liberal Free Trade Communist
Scary is we have a lot of supporters of Communist China who would agree w this
I’ve seen pictures, as well as being there personally, of Tokyo in the Mid 1960’s that look much the same.
Only time will tell, but I think that the Chinese will eventually regret, deeply in their souls, the cost of rushing into a first world economy/position and the resulting eventual take-over of the world-policeman role. They wanted all of the benefits of the position and forgot about the costs.
And the U.N. can stuff it. Global leaches that continue to pontificate and annoy.
The UN is pretty much a conclave of dictators and slave-holders largely from the Third World, who somehow, by sheer numbers, dominate topics of discussion, setting the agenda and arguing every one of the points from ignorance.
When was the last time the UN or for that matter the democratic party got anything right.