Skip to comments.Poll: Majority Believe Obama's White House is Incompetent
Posted on 01/22/2014 11:17:21 AM PST by Kaslin
According to new polling from Quinnipiac, a majority of Americans view President Obama's White House as incompetent. In addition, a majority of Americans are still questioning Obama's character and view him as dishonest and untrustworthy.
The Obama administration is not competent running the government, voters say 53 - 42 percent. The president is paying attention to what his administration is doing, 45 percent say, while 47 percent say he is not paying attention.
The president's character measures remain low:
46 percent say he is honest and trustworthy and 49 percent say he is not;
49 percent say he is a strong leader and 48 percent say he is not;
51 percent say he cares about their needs and problems and 46 percent say he does not. Olympic Terrorism
In the same poll, Americans still list their top priority as the economy, which explains their response about White House competency. For 77 percent of Americans, the economy is viewed as "not good" with a majority saying the economy is not getting better despite the White House touting economic improvement.
The economy is perceived as "not so good" or "poor" by 77 percent of voters. A small minority say the economy is getting better and many Americans say it is getting worse.
Naming "the top priority for President Obama and Congress in 2014," 15 percent of voters say the economy, while 16 percent list jobs or unemployment, a total of 31 percent, while 18 percent list healthcare, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds. A total of 10 percent list the budget, the budget deficit, spending or other budget-related items. Another 4 percent list bi-partisanship or cooperation and 2 percent list education.
The economy is "not so good" or "poor," a total of 77 percent of voters say. Only 28 percent say the economy is getting better, while 26 percent say it is getting worse and 44 percent say it's the same.
"'It's the economy, Mr. President,' say dissatisfied American voters who are not yet willing to give President Barack Obama a thumbs up on his presidency," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.
Over the past few weeks, President Obama has been focused on income inequality and is expected to highlight the issue in his State of the Union Address next week.
Obozo says, “They’re all just rayciss!”
I don’t “believe” it, I know it.
It would be better if the WH were irrelevant.
I’m worried about those numbers.
There are still FAR too many people out there who think Obama is a strong, trustworthy leader who cares about their problems.
This is a scary statistic. And what Obozo would want you to believe.
This is what O’Reilly says EVERY TIME Obama does something shady.
It’s a way to get out of taking blame for doing evil things. “Well he’s just incompetent.”
In reality he’s just as evil as they come. Obama is on a mission directed by Satan himself.
... and they would vote for him again, if they could.
Yeah, but what really disturbs (and astonishes) me is that 38% think he’s doing a swell job. THAT’S TWO OUT OF FIVE PEOPLE!
I heard THIS summer was going to be “recovery summer” !
Amazing that the majority are just now figuring out what many of us knew almost instantly. That Obama was incompetent
I knew it would be incompetent the day after he was elected.
“Obozo says, Theyre all just rayciss!
Yeah? So what? That’s all he’s got, then he ain’t got squat.
The Obama agit/prop campaign team blanketed the media w/ this pic.
Obama found his inner Caucasian at the Mandela Memorial.
This is race war---all caught on camera.
Yes. At least THAT part of the fundamental transformation is proceeding as planned.
Evidently the majority of Americans are having a problem getting a tee time at their favorite course in Hawaii. Who would have thunk it?
Sponsoring FReepers are contributing
$10 Each time a New Monthly Donor signs up!
Get more bang for your FR buck!
Click Here To Sign Up Now!
Not Obama’s fault.
GOP blocked all his really good picks for his staff.
It must be true, I heard it on MSNBC LOL
What jimmy Carter did during his term was incompetent.What Obama is doing in his two terms is intentional.