Skip to comments.“Let’s Compromise” – What They Really Mean When They Say It
Posted on 01/29/2014 4:01:06 PM PST by Alex Baker
We constantly hear that conservatives need to compromise. We just cant move forward unless conservatives compromise. There will not be progress, we are told, unless conservatives reach across the aisle and work with the liberals.
[Clip including interesting graphs that visually show the results of conservative compromise]
For at least 50 years, when a liberal says Lets compromise, he means, Lets move left . lets move in the direction of larger government.
[some examples below of many in the article.]
When mainstream media reporters say, The conservatives are unwilling to compromise and this extremist position is slowing the progress of important legislation, they mean, Some bad people believe that we need to slow the growth of government and we are going to pound them until they accept the progressive position. When a RINO says, There are some wacko-bird, Tea Party types who just dont understand how things get done around here, they mean We are quite comfortable with a huge and growing government. We like our power and dont want these limited-government types to mess it up. Our role as Republicans is to occasionally pretend we dont like big government, but we cant stand these radicals who say that and actually mean it. When the Democrats say that all they want is a balanced approach in budget negotiations, they always want the balance to be larger government and more spending first, with the promise of reduced spending and taxes way off in the future. The reduced spending never comes. Republicans seem to have an unlimited supply of gullibility in buying into this recurring scam. It could also be that they understand the game, but dont really have strong objections. No. This leftward compromise must end. To survive, we need 50 years of compromise in the other direction.
(Excerpt) Read more at realitybatslast.com ...
Absolutely right. Compromise always means moving in their direction.
Notice no mention of this political 'axiom' now that the president is threatening to make law without congress.
Exactly. If a lefty ever compromised in a rightward direction, the lamestream media would call it a “betrayal.”
Seems like the only people ready to deal with these Socialists are the Tea Partiers and Sarah Palin. Reagan showed the way when he insisted on the 75% essentials of his agenda, employing the American People to call their congressmen and insist they vote for things like the tax cuts. He then "compromised' with the other 30% knowing that after the 70% did the job, the people would insist on the other 30%.
How many times have conservatives “reached across the aisle”,only to draw back a bloody stump?
Absolutely. And this has been going on since the time of Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson. Government grows and grows and grows, and never goes back.
Ronald Reagan managed a tax cut, but he was unable to persuade congress to cut spending.
Now, what Obama is doing basically is throwing a trillion a year or more down the rat hole, and bitching that the Republicans aren’t allowing him to spend more. And the media and voters eat it up. And Boner says, “well, maybe we’d better compromise some more, because we’re getting very unpopular. And Obama said he’d give us 10% of the pork!
My automatic reply to anyone who tells I need to compromise is, “Sure, what are you ready to give up? See in a compromise, both parties give up something they want, so what are you willing to give up?”
This usually shuts them up instantly.
On the farm bill, the republicans in the house passed a bill. The democrats in the senate passed a bill. They came together and compromised - and passed a bill that spends more than either one.
Thanks for posting, Alex.
What an excellent essay.
I’ve never heard the name of this website before, or the names of the two men who run it.
i said it before.
compromise always results in movement towards libtard goals, never towards conservative goals.
our side needs to have a 180 degree position and move stuff our way.
Compromising with bad policy is like adding just a little sewage to your drinking water.
Compromising with Evil “IS” Evil..