Skip to comments.Poll: 47% of Uninsureds Unfavorable to ObamaCare;
Posted on 01/30/2014 3:25:24 PM PST by Kaslin
Some 47 percent of uninsured Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 are now unfavorable towards ObamaCare, the highest negative marks among that demographic since May 2012, according to a survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation. That number could be considerably higher as the margin of error is plus/minus 8 percentage points.
Nevertheless, reporting on the newly-released Kaiser survey, the Washington Post's Sandhya Somashekhar buried those statistics towards the end of her 11-paragraph page A4 story, while spinning the news as largely a PR challenge for the Obama administration and ObamaCare backers on the Left (emphasis mine):
Support for the health-care law declined among the uninsured this month, just as many of the programs key provisions went into effect, according to a new poll examining Americans knowledge and views of the Affordable Care Act.
Large numbers of the uninsured are also unaware of some of the laws benefits, such as subsidies to help low- and middle- income people pay monthly health insurance premiums, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation survey. Fifty-three percent of uninsured Americans are unaware of the laws bar on insurance companies rejecting people with preexisting conditions.
But 79 percent of the uninsured were aware of the requirement that most Americans must carry health insurance starting this year or pay a fine. Like other provisions of the law, this mandate took effect Jan. 1, although people have until March 31 to avoid the penalty.
(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...
And the NSA/IRS is taking a close look at each of these 47%ers.
They’re only unhappy because they thought it was going to be FREE.
Now they find out they may have to actually pay for it.
However token the amount.
Why? There's no money to get gotten from most of these folks.
90% would be unfavorable if they realized the damage criminals have done to them. The other 10% suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.
And as soon as the rest figure it out...they will be too.
from what I understand, the penalties are supposed to increase every year also.
But seem to be unenforceable.
My sister in law just got a letter from her insurance company. Her premium went from around $400 per month to $800 and the deductible more than doubled. They were struggling to make the $400 now she just has to let it go. So no insurance at all. She has a pre-existing condition so they can’t kick her off they just raise the rate til she can’t afford it anymore.
Serves them right for voting for that arrogant pos
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.